Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Shame that Doug TenNapel is a bigot, though.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that and the ensuing fallout... I loved Shadow Complex and I wouldn't let Orson Scott Card's controversial views on a number of subjects prevent me from playing a great game just because he's involved in it. I haven't played Fez but Phil Fish's numerous, blunderous public statements aren't the reason why I still haven't.

In the end, a good game is a good game.

Comment

Completely understand

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Shame that Doug TenNapel is a bigot, though.
        That article makes for interesting reading, thanks Fuse.

I'm not sure it had the effect the author hoped though.

Basically, the author calls Doug TenNapel a bigot and a homophobe, but basically spends the whole article slagging him off.
        When TenNapel tries to open communications with him, he shoots him down.

Then when other people have the audacity to oppose his opinion, he says things like "so whatever dude", calls people "dumb", bans people and finally locks the comments, picks up his football and goes home in a strop.

Most of the replies raise some genuine and interesting points in polite and succinct posts, but the author ends up just 'effing and jeffing at them.

Pretty poor article, IMHO.

Comment

Sorry, could've picked a better one in honesty - there is a tonne of criticism from quite reasonable and well-adjusted folk too, I just googled the guy's name + bigot and grabbed the first one that looked relevant to chuck into the post!

Comment

I've seen a few articles like this now and it seems somewhat... childish? petty?

"Such and such doesn't agree with me/has views that contradict my own. He is therefore a bigot and a terrible human being and henceforth you should not buy any of his products."

PA Report did one about Orson Scott Card a while ago and it put me right off reading the site. I don't want their vendetta being fed to me under the guise of news.

Comment

It's not really a matter of contradictory views though, is it? If there were a game developer that openly said he thought black people should have less rights than white people, that wouldn't be considered 'having different views'. It would just be considered bigotry.

Comment

There's a line (that can often be quite fine) between informing people and forcing your views upon them. I can imagine there's quite a lot of people who appreciate knowing more about the people involved in crowdfunding campaigns before they support them, and I'd agree with what wakka says that a difference of opinions is very different to bigotry.

Back on topic, the Nyu Media guys are doing another crowdfunding campaign, this time for Yatagarasu after their success with the Alltynex trilogy. Link here - bit of a strange one IMO given Rice Digital only released this over recently, but the aim of the campaign here is to fully localise it, add new characters, tweak balance, and so on. Was quite interested in a physical artbook and OST, but $150? Yowza.

Comment

Would people support a great game made by race supremacist, I wonder?

Then again, I'm a hypocrite myself, as I totally plan to see Machete 2 with the bat**** insane anti-semite Mel Gibson in it. So yeah, maybe I do think that an artist and his work should be separated if said work doesn't directly promote discrimination etc. after all.
                  Last edited by Guts; 27-06-2013, 15:22.

Comment

Help three former SNK / King of Fighters developers complete their indie game passion project: the original 2D fighting game Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm! | Check out 'Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm' on Indiegogo.

i played the pc doujin game has potential

Comment

from the creator of syndicate wars

Comment

Heroes: The History of Sierra On-Line documentary.

Comment

Oz Action Adventure by American McGee.

The rather generic name is a result of the original one, OZombie, causing a bit of confusion.

We're having problems getting people to even consider the game because "zombies have been done" regardless of the fact that these are not flesh-eating zombies.
                          I'm not very confident Heroes: The History of Sierra On-Line will be funded... It managed to jolt my memory that I've been meaning to buy the Get Lamp DVD ever since I read Let's Tell a Story Together: A History of Interactive Fiction.

Comment

Precinct by Police Quest series' creator Jim Walls.

Between HD remakes and spiritual successors, it seems that most of Sierra's adventure catalogue has been given the 'Kickstarter treatment'! I'd personally like if the Manhunter series, the Laura Bow series and The Black Cauldron (Disney...) got some attention. It's a shame Telltale Games dropped their plan to reboot the King's Quest series...

Comment

new game from the same people who kickstarted project giana last year there asking for a lot more this time though but saying that project giana was released pretty quickly after being kickstarted this game seems like will be more time

Comment

Shades of Sanity, a spiritual successor to Sanitarium. The (would-be) creators describe it as a 'psychological horror adventure game', akin to Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Eternal Darkness, but with more puzzle-solving and limited action sequences.

You are Joseph Springer, a schizophrenic patient who skips out on his therapy sessions and drives down to Virginia to repair his estranged relationship with his wife. As Joseph nears the house he blacks out and wakes up in a strange environment filled with conflicting clues and disturbing visions. With only limited meds to cope Joe explores the house, learning that each previous resident is somehow connected to him, and each has met a horrible fate. Eventually his meds run out and you are left with primitive methods to cope with the strange and surreal visions, hoping that if you close your eyes or look away they'll disappear.

Comment

Working...
                                X