Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
    Here is one that caought my eye (mainly through the Carmageddon Kickstarter mail update)

TerraTech

Seems like it could be quite good, and they are not exactly asking for a massive amount of money. Looking at the videos on Youtube it kinda reminds me of Nuts & Bolts (as far as the vehicle construction bit is concer, which is no bad thing.

Not sure they will reach that funding target though ...
    that looks pretty cool i have to say though i think they should concentrate on the single player aspect first then worry about multiplayer

one game i am interested in https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=discovery

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e/knuckle-club this game has promise but again getting annoyed with the pixel art i mean even super mario on the nes had a bloody face.Though with that kickstarter there was some controversy as the team were doing another game but that game info had gone quiet and rumoured people were being moved over for knuckle club
    Last edited by eastyy; 23-07-2014, 15:10.

Comment

The brothers blasted for taking advantage of the feel-good sharing economy by squatting in their Airbnb rental and failing to deliver on their $40,000 Kickstarter project finally got their wrists s…

Well that last kickstarter i mentioned has been suspended

Comment

Did anybody pledge on this:

Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Collected Works

The pledge has finished, but you can still pre-order for ?30 instead of ?35 on the official website:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Did anybody pledge on this:

Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Collected Works

The pledge has finished, but you can still pre-order for ?30 instead of ?35 on the official website:
          http://readonlymemory.vg/sega-mega-d...ollected-works
          I pledged for 2 copies ... sure it was covered on the forum at the time.

Comment

Shouldn't be long until that Sega book arrives. And The Untold History of Japanese Videogame Developers is at the printers too.

Comment

Book on Super Famicom Box Art.

Article: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/09/01/b...amicom-box-art

Comment

*phew* It's cancelled. My wallet is grateful!

Joking aside, this is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.
                Buying a book of boxart avoids having to actually buy all the games!

Sadly, it's run adrift of the perilous reef that is "international copyright laws".

EDIT: It sounds like I'm being flippant, but I was genuinely about to buy a copy. It was only when I followed him on Twitter that I saw it'd been cancelled. Hopefully it'll surface in some form or other eventually.
                Last edited by QualityChimp; 02-09-2014, 07:36.

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed by this. Why did he even start the campaign if he wasn't sure whether or not he could do it? Was legal action threatened, or did he get cold feet about initial backer numbers, or what?

Comment

It does seem a bit short sighted. He could have built the copyright clearance into the budget and there is nothing to stop him only covering the things he could get clearance for. It feels like he cancelled it because he wouldn't be able to go to press immediately and yet now he won't be able to go to press immediately.

Comment

Or maybe he gained decent publisher awareness after raising so much so quickly?

Comment

Anyone else received their copy of Sketcz's book? Going to take a while to get through it all it's a fair size.

Comment

The Super Famicom book was my first ever kickstarter...so blame my curse!

Comment

If you read it all says he is finishing the book, and has lots of publishers interested so it will come out just not on kick starter

Comment

Which suggests it was a cynical ploy to raise awareness. Classy.

Comment

Is there a Mega Drive equivalent boxart book?

Comment

Working...
                                X