Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i...f-skullgirls#/

Not looking hopeful for Indivisible. Just tipping past halfway raised with just 5 day left.
    Yeah bit disappointed as they did everything right though someone did mention if they get to 60% they can ask for a extension though dunno if that is true.

The only thing i can think of on why it did not work was perhaps the fact it was indiegogo and they take the money upfront, the amount requested was the highest i have ever seen for a video game on indiegogo and perhaps because indiegogo is not as popular as kickstarter (though i have seen the campaign on so many sites)

I did hear the reason they stuck with indiogogo is because of skull girls and that they have been given a good deal....which is only good if they reach the goal.

Comment

The digital version of The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers is going to be free for two days, chums!

"From Thursday until Saturday, on Amazon, the digital version of Volume 1 will be free. To everyone. At least, it should be. If you have a Kindle and an Amazon account, be sure to grab it. Actually, just download it even if you don't have a Kindle.
      Free Book Promotion: 12 November until 14 November"

Comment

Why? Needs more word of mouth? I would feel guilty taking a copy for free knowing what Sketcz went through to get it published.

Comment

I don't think the eBook version sold particularly well and he's feeling generous!

Comment

No one bought the eBook of V1, so I'm not exactly losing money. 10'000+ downloads of the free version is a lot of mindshare. I'm hoping it translates into sales of Volume 2.

Also, the rumours of my homelessness have been greatly exaggerated. Seriously, which person made that nonsense up? Oh, right, the people who have been making bull**** up for two years about me. How can a homeless person put out a book? (Don't answer that, Tim Rogers was homeless for a year living in Japanese internet cafes.)

Much love to Darwock though for being concerned about my wellbeing.
            Last edited by Sketcz; 14-11-2015, 21:08.

Comment

Unbound is a crowdfunding publisher that gives people the tools, support and freedom to bring their ideas to life.

Terrible Old Games You've Probably Never Heard Of

"Video games are great! Except when they're not, of course. We've all bought a game and been utterly underwhelmed by it, dribbling buyer's remorse from every pore as we furiously shake our fist at the publishers responsible for releasing them. But have you ever bought a game so fundamentally awful that it was impossible to glean any enjoyment from it whatsoever? If so, I feel your pain, and if you'll allow me I'll also take your money and offer you a book in exchange.

Terrible Old Games You've Probably Never Heard Of is a compendium of some of the most painfully bad games available for the European home computer market from the early eighties to the mid nineties, based on my YouTube series of the same name. Everyone's heard of E.T. for the Atari 2600 and Superman for the Nintendo 64, but these are almost nothing next to the abject incompetence of Count Duckula 2 on the Amstrad CPC. There are people who seriously believe that Shaq Fu is the worst fighting game ever made, having never experienced Dangerous Streets or Barravento on the Amiga. This book will blow their very soul apart. (Not a guarantee).

There's nothing from the NES, or indeed any other dedicated games console, in this book. It's all about the home computer market during a special time when tight deadlines, tiny budgets and precious little quality control allowed some of the most egregiously horrid games to leak into the shops. As the title strongly suggests you've probably never heard of these games - who wants to retread the same old things when there's so much new horror to be discovered?

Terrible Old Games You've Probably Never Heard Of is meticulously researched and written with the dry humour you'd expect from a man who has somehow made a living by sticking rubbish on a sofa and talking about it. And it's not all from me - some people you may well have heard of will be telling us what their most disappointing game purchase was. Because, of course, there's nothing quite so entertaining as other people's misery.

If you'd like this book to exist in a tangible form, pledge now and ensure that the games mentioned inside receive the recognition and derision they deserve. Because they're terrible, they're old, and you probably haven't heard of them."

Comment

From RetroCollect:
                "Practicalities aside, for many of us the dream is to one day own our very own arcade machine. Whether it be a dedicated coin-op cabinet or custom built MAME powerhouse, both space and finances are often a stumbling block. Both of these issues, however, are about to become a thing of the past with the STARFORCE PI.

Arriving in a slick, small sized form, the STARFORCE PI draws inspiration from early LCD games - such as Caveman and Astro Wars - which utilised a bartop style design. Equipped with a Raspberry Pi and a 4.2” TFT display running at 320x240, this all new arcade experience is promising plenty of action for those interested in emulation. The device’s controls feature an 8 way control stick, along with four microswitch buttons. Elsewhere on the STARFORCE PI is a HDMI out port, 2x USB ports, and even a headphone jack too.

With just under two weeks left, the STARFORCE PI team are looking somewhat short of their €190,000 goal. Nevertheless those interested can secure a mini-arcade cabinet for a €199 pledge, with more generous offerings securing upgraded Sanwa parts and the Raspberry Pi 2 instead."

Kicktrack predicts this'll only hit 29% of its target, which is a real shame.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 04-12-2015, 08:48. Reason: Added picture

Comment

Power Drive 2000

"Power Drive 2000 is an arcade racer set in the year 2000...the future! Get behind the wheel of a technologically advanced space-age sports car and tear it up as you battle to become A-number-1! The game features many unique and thrilling game modes set in a 1980's cinematic scf-fi world and boasts a totally radical Synthwave soundtrack!

It also has a talking car..."

Comment

Looks pretty.

Comment

the prices of this book now lol http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...I32RH59F2SVJR4

Comment

I'm not surprised. Production issues aside, it's a really good book that the majority of the retro gaming community seems to have ignored. Original content coupled with a low print run and seller opportunism always results in that sort of price gouging.

Comment

indieGO! All-in-One Retro Game Console (Raspberry Pi 2)

"The ultimate all-in-one-Retro console with a built-in DVD-RW drive to run Games for Amiga CD32, Sony PlayStation, Sega Saturn*, Sega CD*, TurboGrafx* and more .

The (*)-marked Systems will require additional ROM files in order to work. Easy-to-follow installation-instructions are provided in our included user manual.

Of course it can also play ROMS for other consoles such as SNES/Super Famicom, Genesis/MegaDrive and more.

The indieGO! is silent, power efficient and very unique, when compared with other ARM-based consoles, because of the integrated DVD-Drive."

Comment

Well after all the projects i have backed comes the first failed project Beasts fury is cancelled.

Though granted i knew it would be a risk so did not give that much to it.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-raspberry-pi

indieGO! All-in-One Retro Game Console (Raspberry Pi 2)
                              I get if people want something that can play carts belonging to different consoles on one device, like the Retron 5 et al, but these guys are essentially kickstarting a computer with embedded emulation. The Retro VGS made more sense than this.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                                I get if people want something that can play carts belonging to different consoles on one device, like the Retron 5 et al, but these guys are essentially kickstarting a computer with embedded emulation. The Retro VGS made more sense than this.
                                And they're Amiga People.

Comment

Working...
                                X