No announcement yet.

Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair question Nakamura. Wishful thinking on my part, maybe. Trouble is his recent stuff is so rough around the edges and buggy, yet gameplay and control is so tight. A little polish, testing and artistry (I mean he needs to pay for an artist, which he lacks, instead of stealing sprites), and possibly music. Could be great. I've reported bugs on the relevant Llamasoft forums several times, btw, and he and GilesGoat just ignore them and get on with the next product. Still, I'd love to see them stretch out a bit. Unity?! Heh heh.

Comment

I personally think Minter is one of those that really isn't suited to anything other than the iOS low budget style of game. He is from an era when games were much smaller scale and I think he can't compete in the larger scheme of things.

Comment

Would anybody pay to see something like Elite?

(but not elite exactly, that's quagmired in legal)

Comment

I'd like an old style Lucas point and click adventure set in the star wars universe. Original trilogy time period. Never gonna happen.

Comment

Kickstart

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppy2000 View Post
              I'd like an old style Lucas point and click adventure set in the star wars universe. Original trilogy time period. Never gonna happen.
              I could never understand why Lucasarts never did this. A game with R2-D2 and C3P0 as the main characters would of had tons of potential for monkey island style humour.

Comment

Bit like this?

You can always rely on the fans.
                Wakandaslot Situs Slot Resmi Gampang Maxwin Dengan Link Daftar & Login Anti Blokir Untuk Bermain Di Situs Slot Wakandaslot!

Then you can always rely on LucasArts to come in and sue.

Comment

demo of a current kickstarter project http://project-giana.com/download/ pretty good but it feels its lacking something hopefully if they get there target the finished game will be better

Comment

think project giana is released now has anyone tried it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                      Following on from the original question for people who have suggested games they would like to see kickstarted...How much would you give in order to see the game you wanted?

Would be Shenmue 3 for me and I imagine I would go as high as ?200
                      Shenmue 3's the obvious one. Would you want anything besides the game for that?

The original only sold 1.2m, and 2 seems to have sold under 1m, I assumed it'd sold a lot more than that, no wonder there's no 3. I imagine it'd cost a lot to make even with DC graphics and it'd probably take more than 3 games to finish the series.

Comment

Look pretty cool, hopefully they can get a good game behind that art style.

Comment

Pier Solar HD

Xbox 360, PC, Mac, Linux & Sega Dreamcast

Comment

New Shadowgate kickstarter - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zojoi/shadowgate

Looks pretty. I quite enjoyed Shadowgate. Of course it was pretty basic and its insta-deaths wouldn't fly these days but you never know, maybe this could be good.

Comment

Originally posted by nem View Post
                              Pier Solar HD

Xbox 360, PC, Mac, Linux & Sega Dreamcast

was the original megadrive release any good ?
                              Last edited by eastyy; 07-11-2012, 16:13.

Comment

David Braben/Frontier Developments.

Elite: Dangerous is the game I have wanted Frontier to make for a very long time. The next game in the Elite series - an amazing space epic with stunning visuals, incredible gameplay and breath-taking scope, but this time you can play with your friends too. I want a game that feels more like the original “Elite” to fly, and with more rapid travel (to allow for the multi-player nature of the game) – so you travel quickly using local ‘hyperspace’ travel rather than by fast-forwarding time – but with the rich galaxy of Frontier – and more, so much more.
                                Is this going to go through the roof?
                                One of the creators of Elite is turning to Kickstarter to raise cash to produce an updated version of the classic video game.

Yes, I think it will.
                                Last edited by Family Fry; 06-11-2012, 00:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X