No announcement yet.

Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also: not Kickstarter, but rather ROM by way of Volume, is lining up a book from Ikumi Nakamura on Urban Exploration.

A thrilling photographic adventure around an offbeat selection of the world's abandoned buildings, captured by one of the videogame industry’s most beloved creatives.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Granzella are warming up another Kickstarter campaign, not to fund the R-Type Tactics 1 & 2 ports, but to fund additional content for them? Presenting without further comment at this point, but if the chart I hazily skimmed this morning of multiple confusing reward tiers (that I now can't find quickly) was correct, then it goes down even further in my estimation.
      Got a mail from Granzella about that...ain't gonna contribute to Tactics' Kickstarter. The R-Type Final 2 Kickstarter was a letdown (didn't realize some rewards were still pending till I got a mail asking for details a week ago), not going to purchase Final 3 right away, and now this Kickstarter...dunno, smells almost like a Mighty No.9 situation.

Comment

Monitor for new and retro systems

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
          £269 without a panel! You’d need some beige in your life to back that.

Comment

Boutique item. If it does what he says then I’d love one! It’s the guy that made the new Amiga cases so he does have some credentials.

Comment

I don't really think the cost is that excessive. They say it will come to £399 total with the panel which seems OK. Looks really interesting.

Comment

Demo out on steam , as a fighting game feels pretty good, thought the funding goal I think will be a struggle only two fighting games to do well as far as i am aware was Skullgirls and Thems fighting herds and they were on indigogo, all others i have seen fail very far from target

Comment

Not Kickstarter, rather funding on their own site now, but Lost in Cult are doing a second book in the 'Handheld History' series, focusing on 1988 to 1995. It's all over their front page currently and is £36k towards their £60k target with a May 1st campaign close.

They've also currently looking to register interest for physical versions of the Heterotopias zine.

Heterotopias is a project focusing on the spaces and architecture of virtual worlds. Since 2017 the zine has created an innovative and unique body of work that dissects the rich tapestry of game spaces with beautiful photography, incisive writing, and detailed studies.

Comment

GameBook: The Unofficial DMG Companion
                    An unofficial companion to the Game Boy, looking at the history and iconic games on the platform. Adorned with artwork and photography.

I can't link to photos from Kickstarter so:
                    Kickstarter Goes Live For GameBook, A New Guide To The Game Boy

"A new Kickstarter has just gone live for a book devoted to covering the history of the Game Boy, Nintendo's beloved monochrome handheld.

GameBook: The Unofficial DMG Companion is the work of Ninty Media, the publisher behind the long-running Switch Player and Ninty Fresh magazines. Ninty Media's boss and founder, Paul Murphy, has experience of using crowdfunding – and this has directly influenced the naming of the book, as Murphy's Amiibook previously fell foul of legal issues.

"Fresh from writing about amiibo in 2021, Paul Murphy felt the need to write about his love for the GameBoy, and revisited many games from the vast repertoire available," reads the project's Kickstater page. "What you get here is pure, unadulterated love for the original king of handhelds. Whilst unofficial projects like this can be considered fair use, the use of trademarks is what usually causes trouble. GameBook isn't a trademark. It's just two words put together. Also, the original GameBoy model was labeled DMG-01, which stood for Dot Matrix Game. That's why it is The Unofficial DMG Companion."

The book will contain write-ups on the best Game Boy games, as well as "in-depth retrospectives on many of the titles that defined the handheld" and a tribute to the late Gunpei Yokoi, the mastermind behind the console. Former Total!, EDGE and Official PlayStation Magazine editor Steve Jarratt is penning the book's foreword, while a host of contributors are covering particular titles – including Nintendo Life editor Gavin Lane, Hookshot Media eCommerce Writer Ryan Craddock and Hookshot Media Community Manager Gemma Smith, amongst others."

Comment

On kickstarter Super Tilt Bro

Comment

The game itself doesn't look all that interesting, basically just a demake of Smash Bros, but the idea of putting a WiFi chip inside the NES cart to give it online play is really cool.

Comment

Coin-Op: The Arcade Guide - Shoot'em Up Collection Volume 1
                          A collection of classic arcade shoot'em ups from the 1980s to the 2000s wrapped up in a visual spectacle video game book presentation.

Comment

Nice find QC. I’ve backed it.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              Nice find QC. I’ve backed it.
                              I really like the look of their first book, just a nice nostalgia blast in colourful book form.

This seems a cool idea, where they're breaking it down to genres for a softback "annual" with beat-'em-ups next.

However, that's only if this is successful and it looks short at the minute.
                              £11 for the digital copy and £22 for the physical seems a decent price, though.

Comment

It is a good price for the physical edition. Hopefully it will meet the funding target.

Comment

Working...
                                X