Valve + threeA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve + threeA!

I thought this was worth a thread, as Its game related in a special way. threeA is teaming up with Valve. For those that are not aware of threeA, they are a company that produces toys/figures/art. Ashley Wood is one of the driving forces behind it, his art work is fantastic. Hes worked on Metal Gear and other awesome projects. You may or may not had seen his epic MG REX toy that went on sale a week or so ago. I am very excited by this news, as I collect a lot of threeA and follow Ashleys work.

Here is the blog;

Here is the site;

Last edited by redstar_dan; 17-03-2012, 10:32.

Possibly my fault for viewing on a phone, but good grief, that's a horribly-designed site.

Comment

The mg rex was brilliant, not sure with this though as Valve hardly has a catalogue of detailed designed characters to work with. Will be curious to see what they come up with

Comment

Originally posted by Crazytaxinext
        Valve hardly has a catalogue of detailed designed characters to work with
        Have they not?

They've got all the Team Fortress Classes which are pretty Iconic

The Left for Dead Characters and Zombies

The Portal 2 Robots, Turrets, Chel, Cave Johnson, Wheatly, the various cores and of course Glados

A whole heap of Half Life characters and enemies too.

There is quite a lot to start off with!

Comment

L4Ds characters are the epitamy of zombie generic ant Team Fortresses stuff are nicely styled but a bit plain. I love Half Life but it too has pretty generic looking characters. An elaborate Portal model with Wheatley, Chell and Glados
          could be nice.

Comment

Well I would personally like to see a Freeman in Ashleys style. The Combine enemies from HL2 could work well, there style would tie in with the N.O.M Commanders. LFD zombs could tie in nicely as well, as threeA have released quite a few zombie variants, but I agree with crazytaxinext, that it could be a bit bland. That said, a headcrab could be interesting. Combine Walkers, Glados, Wheatley would be epic.

Perhaps by reading between the lines, Ashley Wood could well be working on HL3, doing concept art etc, so we could see new designs, unlikely i guess.

Comment

A half-life 2 strider would be amazing

Comment

The RVHK show is going live in a few days, some early photos are appearing.

Comment

Working...
                X