Prince of Persia Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince of Persia Demo

Just played the demo of Prince of Persia on the OXM US cover disk (courtesy of Super Monkey Balls...cheer bud!), and I have to say I'm extremely impressed. The demo does have some problems (most notably the camera), but as it tells you all the way through it is work in progress. The first thing that struck me was how nice it looks in motion, it really is a beautiful game. The soft focus effect gives it a slightly mystical feel, which I've never really encountered in any other game except ICO. The range of attack moves and acrobatics on offer is very much in the same vein as Devil May Cry. The combat is very cool indeed. I'm really looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on the full version.

Has anyone else had a chance to play it yet?

Yep, it's looking like a very sweet title. I have the PS2 demo, which looks nice but runs quite poorly, but I did enjoy it a fair bit.

The graphics are very similar to Ico, especially the lighting as you say. I don't think it'll set the world on fire like some poeple say, but it is a game I'll buy upon release day (Xbox, for the framerate).

It plays a little bit like how I imagined Galleon would\will play. If anyone remembers Galleon...

Comment

Working...
    X