Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PTE21: Next Gen Consoles - Subscription Cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTE21: Next Gen Consoles - Subscription Cancelled?

Microsoft has released it's subscription model Xbox 360 in the US where peeps pay $99 for a 360 on the basis of subscribing to pay $14.99 per month for two years for XBL Gold.

It opens up another way for the console makers to make the expensive (especially during recession) transition to next gen machines seem more palatable.

Would you prefer this method or to stick with paying outright and having the freedom of not being tied to a subscriptions terms?
    I'd prefer paying ?150 and having a ?10pm 2yr Sub
    0%
    I'd prefer paying ?300 outright
    0%
    I ain't even jumping on the next gen bandwagon first thing
    0%

I don't like monthly commitments. I have enough of them forced upon me without volunteering for any more. An outright buy is my preferred options although I'll probably not bother with consoles next gen.

Comment

I'd prefer to buy outright, I can understand the immediate appeal but a lot can happen in 2 years and such a commitment is unnecessary when waiting a month or two can give you the difference to buy second hand or outright. Plus, such a model probably works better for MS than the other 2 given the existing Gold charge which I opt in and out of as it's worth varies a lot. Doubtful, but hopefully MS will axe the charge altogether in time given how little it actually grants the user over PSN, ?300 with no additional charges would be fine

Comment

Buy outright, though I don't see myself paying any subscription for any online service. Downloadable titles and add.ons are more than enough for console-related online transactions.

Comment

That works out at over 400 dollars for an Xbox and two years of live... Surely that pricing is too high?

If it worked out cheaper than simply buying a console and then paying yearly for live it would be worth it, but that does not seem too.

Comment

That's not how credit works.

Comment

I hate paying bills so option "B" for me please. Plus option "A" comes to total of almost a hundred more so...

Comment

The subscription model would have to incorporate the cost of the Gold as well, hence why it looks like it comes out more expensive. Plus, there's always a small additional charge for the credit loan. Just like how the current $99 sub the 360 is under in the US saves gamers nothing, it just lowers the initial payment cost

Comment

Right, my bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X