Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first Retro Studio game to be Star Fox........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for a laugh, me and noobish hat made a (very temporary because it won't stay funny more than a few hours (minutes?) news widget for the homepage (see top right). It's based on this "amazing" news story: http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/20...-wii-u-rumour/

Comment

What, you mean there isn't a new 1080/Kid Icarus cross over coming?

Comment

Well... there might be, but Nintendo aren't commenting on it.

Comment

This could be brilliant , more so if its epic in scale and Nintendo spent big bucks on it

Comment

A Pikmin and Chibi Robo party game does sound pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Sad. Definitely sad.
              Samus, a talking fox, fluffy rabbit and toad should never meet.

Comment

Well that's exactly it in a nutshell. Samus is a lone bounty hunter in a dark universe. Starfox and co are chatty cartoon animals.

Comment

It's been what? Almost 3 generations of consoles since the N64? I don't get why Nintendo find it so bewildering that the best use of the Starfox licence would be to just make a third pure Starfox game.

Comment

It does feel like they have a huge lack of confidence in the original Starfox game premise. It's a short-run type of game so maybe they think it's too old school arcady and people want more content? I think Sega fell into the same trap somewhat with their Nights sequel yet none of the added elements actually improved it.

Comment

I don't see why they don't just make a new Starfox for the 3ds using the engine of the one already out.

Comment

Turn it into a proper 3d shmup with a scoring hook. Who cares if it's short, I'd hammer the living hell out of it!

Comment

I think Kid Icarus points to some interesting ways of modernizing the on-rails shooter.
                          Namely, with tons of metagame content and online features.

But yeah... I reckon that we haven't seen another 'true' Starfox because that genre looks outdated.
                          And it must be fairly expensive to make that type of game too, in terms of dev cost versus game length.
                          Last edited by Tig; 21-05-2012, 20:49.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            If this Happens, just think of the possibilities.

An F-Zero game with Pokemon.
                            We already have a Dynasty Warriors/Pokemon game, so to that end an F-Zero and Pokemon game probably isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Comment

Taking a game like Star Fox and modernising it.... doesn't mean it's going to be better or more fun. Star Fox 64 went far enough. Some things don't need to be fiddled with to the point of being bloated and annoying.

It's all the gamers and journos moaning about simplicity that makes publishers fiddle with fun formulas. Gamers like me end up being put off gaming and relying on retro stuff for good old simple fun.

Comment

They should give Starfox to Treasure for a one-off.

Comment

Working...
                                X