No announcement yet.

Majora's Mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the uber link mask and it didn't really seem worthwhile, save for beating the final boss. And even with it success wasn't assured if you equipped it too early.

Comment

Loved it for all the above reasons. That said, it's the atmosphere more than anything else - even though it's a 'smaller' story than OoT, it feels more epic because of the way it makes you live alongside the other characters. OoT can feel a little stodgy at times, a little too impressed by itself, and doesn't have either the human elements or the humour of MM.

More variety of experience, too.

Best bit - entering the Skull Kid's interior world, with the tree on the hill and that magical sunny glow covering everything. Stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveannie
        It's the 2 week breaks that occur when I'm busy working that ruin these games for me. I can never remember where I was or what I was aiming for. Anyone else get these problems?
        I more get the problem that I just don't have time to play everything that I manage to get my grubby little hands on. Right now, for instance, I've got all these on the go:

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
        Super Mario Advance 4
        Fire Emblem
        SSX3
        Grabbed By The Ghoulies
        Crimson Skies
        Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain
        Legacy Of Kain: Defiance
        Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

Oh, and I've just had my Xbox 'enhanced' (ahem), so now I've got more NES, SNES, Amiga, MegaDrive, Neo Geo Arcade, MAME, CPS1, CPS2, PC Engine, Atari 2600, N64 and Neo Geo Pocket (to mention just a few) games than I know what to do with.

Factor in my 7.5hour minimum days (although I often get to the office early and leave late... like tonight) and have to spend at least some time with the missus at the weekend... well, I'm pretty much stuffed.

Comment

Come to think of it I did really like this zelda. I was a nice break not having to fight Ganon again. Some of the side quests were really amazing though. The alien took me ages to do and I even had to slow time down to manage it. The last day couple took weeks for me to figure out exactly what had to be done at various times throughout the three days, but there was so much other stuff to do beside the main quest it gave it a fresh feeling. I think this was what WW was lacking in tbh, just not enough other "meaningful" sidequests to do.

Comment

Can't really add to what's been said already, but this is my favourite Zelda game out of the lot. Mainly because I didn't feel like I was retreading the same Ganon/Zelda story, and once I started playing I just didn't know what to expect from it. I was just bewildered by the first few hours with the time system, which was great (strangely) since I didn't think a Zelda game would ever surprise me again.

You feel very connected to the people in the game by the end since you've been constantly talking to them, hearing about their backgrounds and sometimes influencing their fate in a positive way.

One of those games that makes going back to reality seem like a bit of a shock to the system

Comment

Second favourite Zelda after Link's Awakening. Favourite game of the Playstation generation.

I think it loses most of its fun once you get out of Clock Town, but it's still great. It's a game of moments rather than the total package, so I guess if you didnt enjoy the moments you won't enjoy the game.

Best mask: Mr Pig Mask.
              Favourite moments: Marching the chickens into adulthood, not stopping the moon in time.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveannie
                Majora's Mask? Bloody odd diversion for Zelda I thought. I had no idea what, or how, to do anything. Perseverance would probably have showed the game's magic but unfortunately I just couldn't get to grips with it. So I have a copy that sits with about 6 or 7 hours play on it.

Then again WW sits unfinished too. Can I really be arsed to go back and forth so bloody much? No. But I do have the Jap version......

MP (off Zelda topic) was never completed either. It's the 2 week breaks that occur when I'm busy working that ruin these games for me. I can never remember where I was or what I was aiming for. Anyone else get these problems?

alan m
                i get that. I will have to a coursework and forget completely what was going on etc.

Comment

Working...
                X