No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well take faith in the reality that CDPR are still updating the Witcher 3 even now, with a promised next gen patch coming...

Sure this one is coming in hot but we haven't seen exactly what gets fixed in the day one patch so maybe it's a decent improvement over what is being reviewed.

I'd say we'll see next gen patches by end of Spring 2021 by which time it'll probably be mostly patched up as well. Mostly...

Comment

I think although it might be buggy, unlike Bethesda, they'll actually patch and fix the bugs.
      I'm unlikely to be playing it before the new year so hopefully they'll be another patch sometime after the Xmas period.
      (I hope to god the staff get a break and Xmas off)

Comment

I think I will wait for a while too. I played Witcher 3 when it was completely sorted in GOTY shape and it was excellent. So much to get through at the moment that I don't need to rush into this one.

Comment

Yeah I think I am going to stick Cyberpunk on for the first couple of hours just because I want to see it first hand... and then probably shelve it till after Xmas as I'm juggling a couple of other games at the moment anyway (Valhalla, NFS Hot Pursuit)

Comment

I’m not too concerned to be honest, if this had been Bethesda or Ubisoft etc I would stay well clear and I’m not contradicting myself when I say I will absolutely give CDPR the benefit of the doubt. From what I remember both Witcher 2 and 3 were plagued with bugs on release but they were fixed pretty promptly. Also you just know CDPR’s focus will be solely focused on this, it’s not like they have dozens of broken open world games to fix such as Ubisoft.

Comment

Gamers Nexus tweeted the following,

FYI: Cyberpunk currently has DRM that is only active for reviewers and is known to reduce performance. Will not be active on launch day, therefore any testing published today will not accurately reflect launch performance. CDPR warned us of this, so we are waiting for launch day.
              Saying this because there is an article out there that is showing performance numbers, but CDPR directly told us that the early DRM is bad for performance and is *not present* in the consumer copy, therefore testing pre-launch is invalid and not representative of the game.
              The early DRM is nothing evil, just to prevent leaks from reviewers or streamers to the public. As stated, it's not in the consumer copy, so we really have no problem with it. But it does mean testing should wait until the actual version of the game that people will play is out.

Comment

Xbox owners can play this now if you change your region to New Zealand...

Comment

Bugs aside, the game's reviewed incredibly well. Looking forward to playing it in couple months time when, hopefully, I have a PS5.

Comment

Mine popped through the the letterbox at lunchtime - downloading the patch now , whilst the beers cool....

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                      Mine popped through the the letterbox at lunchtime - downloading the patch now , whilst the beers cool....
                      Top tip, wrap a wet kitchen roll around a beer and pop it in the fridge. It cools quicker.

Mine is coming tomorrow. It'll be put under the tree.

Comment

Originally posted by thinkitty View Post
                        Bugs aside, the game's reviewed incredibly well. Looking forward to playing it in couple months time when, hopefully, I have a PS5.
                        God forbid that, after all the hype and bluster, it should review poorly.

#ImNotCynical

Comment

Nvidia driver up out ver 460.79

Game Ready for Cyberpunk 2077
                          This new Game Ready Driver provides the ultimate gaming experience for Cyberpunk 2077. In addition, this driver provides optimal day-1 support for the official launch of Minecraft with RTX for Windows 10.

Comment

According to Push Square, the game runs at 60FPS on PS5, locked to 30FPS on PS4 Pro, and is slightly wobbly on PS4, but still runs quite decent for the base console.

PS5 Conclusion: PS5 backwards compatibility is easily the best way to play Cyberpunk 2077 on a Sony console. Solid 60fps performance provides a smooth experience, and the bugs, while still noticeable every now and then, aren't too bad. Enable HDR, and it can be a pretty game — just don't expect it to blow your socks off. Hopefully the full PS5 upgrade will get the job done in 2021.

PS4 Pro Conclusion: Cyberpunk 2077 is far from a bad deal on PS4 Pro. It may be locked at 30fps, but it runs well enough, despite some noticeable pop-in from time to time.

PS4 base Conclusion: Cyberpunk 2077 plays okay on PS4. Hurrah! However, it's got some noticeable graphical and technical inconsistencies. It's undeniably rough around the edges on Sony's last-gen console, with framerate dips and abundant pop-in damaging your sense of immersion. It's not the disaster that we were half expecting it to be — far from it — but it's clear that sacrifices had to made in order to get this thing up and running on PS4.

Comment

Despite supposedly being released, I'm still getting (and no, it's not updating).

So leaving it till the morning.

Edit - okay, the patch kicked in now, so Steam is forgiven. However, it's one of those Steam patches that maxes out the download, then stops and does disk work for ten times the download work, so the update completion keeps going from 10 minutes to 2 hours.

Apparently GOG's servers died tho.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 09-12-2020, 23:16.

Comment

Yeah, that was a crap install.

Getting 70-80fps with ultra everything at 1440p. God help console kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X