No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shareholders wanted it released as they didn't want those 8 million preorders to vanish and the cash have to be given back.

Comment

You've just highlighted a MAJOR flaw in the pre order process. Bundled with a hype train and review embargos and it's enough to make anyone a cynic.

Comment

Nothing about what's happening right now is good for shareholders.

Comment

long term nope, short term yes. Take the money and cash out, look how fast their shares dropped thats because that's exactly what people were doing.

Comment

They had waited this long. Unless the game did a full-on Duke Nukem Forever and vanished, it was going to clean up when it was eventually released. I'd speculate the issue, far from them not caring about the current console releases, was mostly about getting it out on the current systems before they saw all that effort wasted. Next summer, the game could still release and be a huge hit... but not on the same systems.

Comment

lets hope cyberjank gets some monumental patches/updates seems a shame if all that work is left to die off because cdpr shat the bed bigtime. Hell it already looks like it would be perfect for VR although only pc's would be able to pull that off it's already taxing as it is in it's requirements.

there are some gamers that they have permanently burned now on giving cyberjank a chance look how many after all this time and what hello games did for no mans sky fixing and adding in so much stuff still have gamers with serious grudges against them because of the false promises. Their damaged rep will take a lot to fix now, witcher 3 followed a similar trend but i don't think gamers are forgiving enough to have it pulled on them twice in a row.
              Last edited by importaku; 15-12-2020, 14:28.

Comment

By lazy I'm referring to the heads rather than the individual devs working the crunch, though short term greedy swaps in as well. The decisions come from the top and let's be honest, if the game had released next summer it wouldn't have seen pre-orders disappear or last-gen versions under perform at retail either, the generation trade off isn't that fast and still wouldn't have stopped anything given next-gen patches may have been ready and the last gen versions in a better state. It will hopefully be a hard lesson learnt because for all their faults both Nintendo and Rockstar are no strangers to long term delays and it's paid dividends.

Comment

It'll eventually be a good game. Perhaps a great game, even, but its launch has been handled terribly by CD Projekt and their attempts to condition what footage reviewers could show is something I would never expect from them.

I have a digital copy that came bundled with my Cyberpunk 2077-themed Xbox One X that I'll forget about while the game is finished. I'm sure it'll be quite special then as that can be gleaned from what has been released.

That plural, nebulous thing which we address by 'The Internet', though... How it saps the joy out of everything! It couldn't get enough of anything Cyberpunk 2077-related for years -- Look! You can tailor your genitals! -- and now it demands heads must roll for it being irredeemable!

I know I should be used to it by now but, still...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    They had waited this long. Unless the game did a full-on Duke Nukem Forever and vanished, it was going to clean up when it was eventually released. I'd speculate the issue, far from them not caring about the current console releases, was mostly about getting it out on the current systems before they saw all that effort wasted. Next summer, the game could still release and be a huge hit... but not on the same systems.
                    Yeah, I agree. Next Xmas it's not going to really be viable to release a mega budget game on PS4 and Bone without also releasing it on their successors. So it was either release now, as is, or wait until they have fully finished the PS5/XSX versions before launching.

Considering the game is far from done as it is - they'll spend a year just bringing the PS4/Bone versions up to scratch, from the look of it - that would have been a monumentally time consuming and expensive task.

It doesn't excuse releasing a shoddy, unfinished product, but it gives some rationale as to why they did it.

Comment

Yeah, I agree with Wakka. He makes some good points.

Comment

They should have waited the year. If MS can do it for Halo Infinite and Sony for Horizon 2 then CDPR could have done it for Cyberpunk. It's cost them far more than the tiny slither of people who wouldn't have picked it up next year

Comment

There is at least another year's worth of dev left in this. I wonder if they chopped a lot of the code out to:
                          A: get it on a disk and
                          B: get it out the door

It's a hopeful wonder...

Comment

I want to wait for the actual PS5 version, I get that will be low priority now but does anyone know when they were targeting?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                              I want to wait for the actual PS5 version, I get that will be low priority now but does anyone know when they were targeting?
                              They haven't said.

I wouldn't expect RTX-levels of shiny, either. It'll be your typical 30fps with basic ray-tracing and 60fps with no RT.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                There is at least another year's worth of dev left in this. I wonder if they chopped a lot of the code out to:
                                A: get it on a disk and
                                B: get it out the door

It's a hopeful wonder...
                                To be fair, it is on two discs .

I really feel for those playing this on anything other than the new gen or the Xbox One X. On series X is is perfectly fine. Sure, there are some odd glitches such as floating items but the game is working without a hitch and holds up. Outside of a ultra PC set up this is the best looking version. It is very interesting that series X has a performance and graphics mode while the One X does not yet they are both the same game. PS5 doesn't have that option. Looks like Series X has more custom options available when it comes to back compatible than we thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X