Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam View Post
    Cyberpunk removed from sale on PSN. Sony offering refunds for all customers.

Buy Cyberpunk 2077 on PlayStation Store. Explore a vast, futuristic metropolis in a cutting-edge action-RPG. Recommended for PS5 & PS4 Pro consoles.

Careful, if you're logged in on that page, the refund is a 1 click and done deal.
    XBOX DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE!

Yeah baby.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Been watching playthroughs on youtube of people playing it on pc and it still is janky the guy had 3 crashes before even 20 mins of the playthrough had passed, janky is not just for graphical bugs if a game flat out crashes out then it's janky. It's clearly unfinished but on powerful pc's with everything maxed out it does look amazing bugs aside.
      I wonder if these are typical set up crashes? I'm telling the truth when I say I'm 18 hours in and have not witnessed one single crash. Strange buggy crap, sure but the game has yet to crash on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        With Cyberpunk I'd say that it's incredibly hard to see Sony removing it from sale as being anything other than the kind of move they'd only make if the scale of blowback and demand for refunds is immense.
        Yep, this is it exactly. Taking a huge game like this down would not have been done lightly so the refund requests must have been massive for this to happen. It can't be just internet noise (which even with how bad it is, it could have been - complaints more than people actually seeking refunds) - but processing more refunds is now something they want to avoid.

This is a really bad look for everyone.

Comment

Serious mode, yea this is 100% a Sony-led move and not CDPR.

I do hope that if 2017 was the year of the lootbox and started a chain of events. Then 2020 is the year of the refund and more awareness and pressure for consumer protection. Unfortunately many don't realise that is a cure for a lot of evils right now.

As an aside a lot of people think CDPR are going to spend ages patching this game on old-gen versions. Just a reminder that technically isn't what they have said so far. Although I do think this will add voices for change at CDPR - however they emerge from this. Big, infrequent releases like Cyberpunk go wrong and it has much more impact on the company.

D: How you deploy your staff now? Who works on mobile/next witcher/DLCs? Did staff allocation changed? Will this delay Witcher 4?

CDPR: Mobile team is working on mobile(I believe this is different developer all together that got rights to develop their game), Gwent team is hard locked on gwent. Cyberpunk will continue to work on patches. We are still working on future projects. At least until february people will be working on patching the game.
          Last edited by Digfox; 18-12-2020, 09:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post

Serious mode, yea this is 100% a Sony-led move and not CDPR.

I do hope that if 2017 was the year of the lootbox and started a chain of events. Then 2020 is the year of the refund and more awareness and pressure for consumer protection. Unfortunately many don't realise that is a cure for a lot of evils right now.

As an aside a lot of people think CDPR are going to spend ages patching this game on old-gen versions. Just a reminder that technically isn't what they have said so far. Although I do think this will add voices for change at CDPR - however they emerge from this. Big, infrequent releases like Cyberpunk go wrong and it has much more impact on the company.
            February 2022..

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
              February 2022..

I think this a slightly jokey response but in all seriousness I'm not sure they spend more than a few months on it. I think their brand is tarnished now that this might impact their MTX driven multiplayer mode plans for Cyberpunk too. I'm not sure how the PS4/XBO versions will be a priority over the PC and next-gen upgrades in the long-run.
              Last edited by Digfox; 18-12-2020, 09:44.

Comment

Fair play for removing it from the PS store and offering refunds but what about people who brought the physical copy, this doesn’t help them.

Comment

Sony are clearly pissed. I'd bet that CDPR made big claims for the day 1 patches to get it through certification, which they effectively reneged on, and now they're bothering Sony to help them offer refunds. So Sony hit the nuclear button.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Sony are clearly pissed. I'd bet that CDPR made big claims for the day 1 patches to get it through certification, which they effectively reneged on, and now they're bothering Sony to help them offer refunds. So Sony hit the nuclear button.
                    Yeah its a good move from Sony a little late in the game admittedly, but it does send a clear message to CDPR to sort out their sht.

It'll be interesting to see what MS do in the other camp. Aren't CDPR due to issue a patch in the next few days (they said 7 days in their apology message).

The other factor now is at what point do Sony reinstate the game and on what measure...

Comment

The plot thickens.

Comment

"a decision was made"

As in, Sony gave us a total bollicking and then pulled it from the store.

Comment

I don't think that statement is anything more than standard PR and doesn't answer the detail of 'who' made the decision to pull it. I was on the 'Sony led this decision' train but debate going on...

Last edited by Digfox; 18-12-2020, 10:45.

Comment

If they'd made the decision, they'd have said it in their statement. They'd want to look proactive. The "a decision was made" seems pretty clear to me that it wasn't them.

Comment

Or maybe the thought of (a lot of) refunds didn't sit too lightly with Sony, who don't have anywhere near as capable customer support as Microsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                If they'd made the decision, they'd have said it in their statement. They'd want to look proactive. The "a decision was made" seems pretty clear to me that it wasn't them.
                                I don't personally think we can know that for sure based on PR statements alone. Maybe the details will come out in due course. Although I initially thought like you it's a Sony-led decision (and still do), I don't believe it was made in isolation or that the wording on the Sony PR statement is anything other than to protect their own reputation.

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                Or maybe the thought of (a lot of) refunds didn't sit too lightly with Sony, who don't have anywhere near as capable customer support as Microsoft.
                                They basically don't have a refund policy (ignoring the whole 'you can change your mind if you don't download it') so I think this may be part of the reason to pull the game, so as to not set a precedent, i.e. refunds for a game still on sale.
                                Last edited by Digfox; 18-12-2020, 11:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X