X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

both cheeks

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
      I was referring to importaku's observation on the amount of gamers ready to line up and defend corporate abuses, so I'm not sure I follow your point. Sorry.
      I mistakenly thought psycho-social pathology referred to people just buying unfinished games because they’re new, not the people actively defending the dodgy practice of releasing unfinished games.

Comment

I'm trying to imagine how much better the game would have been if it were a PC exclusive, with the PS5 and XB versions coming "later".

That's still one console too many, IMO. MS should have money-hatted them back when they brandished Keanu.

Comment

I like to think MS tried that but Keanu said, “Not cool, bros. We’re all friends here so let’s hug it out”

Comment

To those defending CDPR still, the box says PS4 on it, not PS5. There is no reason for this to be less competent than GTA5.

Comment

Thinking about it, they've managed to pull a modern day equivalent of that common swizz of the 8-bit Micro era where the back of tape would have screenshots from the best available version, rather than your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                Thinking about it, they've managed to pull a modern day equivalent of that common swizz of the 8-bit Micro era where the back of tape would have screenshots from the best available version, rather than your own.
                Exactly, with the difference that video games were just video games back then.

Comment

In the US now Best Buy is taking refunds on the game even if you've played it

Comment

MS are also now extending their refund policy on Cyberpunk until further notice.

CDPR are really in trouble now, and rightly so as well, they brought this on themselves.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 18-12-2020, 19:13.

Comment

Has there been much comment from the GamerGate posse or have they all gone now. This issue feels very much like being "just about ethics in journalism" if reviews were written without seeing the version that people would play.

Comment

It's very strange that a game that started out being targeted at the PS4 & Xbox One has ended up being a nightmare on those machines. Even if the graphics were relatively basic and ran between 25-30fps, most people would have probably accepted it. But the way it's performing is the stuff gaming nightmares are made of.

The developer should have given up trying to get the game running on the base PS4 & Xbox One a long time ago. They must have known ages ago that it's beyond the capabilities of such limited tech. They've created a huge fiasco because they didn't do the right thing and cancel the base PS4 & Xbox One versions.
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 19-12-2020, 21:20.

Comment

Don’t they have any quality control or even ‘playtesters’ of old on games anymore?How could you seriously release a product that runs like that on their lowest sliding scale of release platform with a straight face lol. I’m just off a session on the one x, and even its a dogs dinner at times; get into the main city, into a large gunfight or high speed driving and it’s sub 30 (nearer 20 FPS), with dynamic resolution, encroaching on the ps3 on a good day. But still it’s quite gripping and I keep,coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            MS are also now extending their refund policy on Cyberpunk until further notice.

CDPR are really in trouble now, and rightly so as well, they brought this on themselves.
                            CDPR were one of the few companies that had a credit of goodwill most other big companies were long into the negatives, but I feel they have lost most of if not all of it.

Still feels bizarre to me everything that happened as there are games that have released in worse condition though i suspect CDPRs refund message that put the onus on Sony and Microsoft was something they did not like. The fact they tried to cover up and hide how bad the console versions though and even with the weird review limitations for the pc versions I feel is far worse

I REALLY hope management get the spotlight on them especially when it came to the whole crunch thing as the game had been in development for years and the Series x and ps5 were literally such a recent thing i cannot believe how much they screwed up the ps4 and xbox one versions.

And even the PC version is a bit of a mess at times
                            Last edited by eastyy; 19-12-2020, 05:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                              It's very strange that a game that started out being targeted at the PS4 & Xbox One has ended up being a nightmare on those machines. Even if the graphics were relatively basic and ran between 25-30fps, most people would have probably accepted it. But the way it's performing is the stuff gaming nightmares are made off.

The developer should have given up trying to get the game running on the base PS4 & Xbox One a long time ago. They must have known ages ago that it's beyond the capabilities of such limited tech. They've created a huge fiasco because they didn't do the right thing and cancel the base PS4 & Xbox One versions.
                              I always wonder though with a decently optimized game running at a stable frame rate how bad the game would look and what would they have to sacrifice when it comes to textures and effects

Comment

Tbh it’s not just the bugs and performance being the issue; if you dig down abit into the game mechanics, you’ll see the game is pretty unfinished.

Comment

Working...
                                X