No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh, all that can easily be patched in later. If not by the devs then certainly by the community. For every one video of GTA dicking on CP2077 you could make ten of CP2077 being revolutionary for the genre.

I've got a shopping list of mods set in my mind here. More realistic damage across the board being one (hard mode is sponge mode, when I feel that it should be semi-LTK mode, especially when playing stealth), and consumable stats diversification being another. I might try my hand at them myself once the creation kit is released, and they've not already been addressed by the devs.

Irrespective of how much more work CDPR carry out on this game once the modding community gets their hands on it we'll have a Skyrim beater. Finally. Just don't expect any of those marvels on a console.

Comment

Please don't go down the road of 'well it'll be patched and modded later'
      If that was CDPRs plan then they shouldn't have sold it at full price and they shouldn't have said it would have npcs with full day and night life cycles and all the other BS they said.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        Meh, all that can easily be patched in later. If not by the devs then certainly by the community. For every one video of GTA dicking on CP2077 you could make ten of CP2077 being revolutionary for the genre.

I've got a shopping list of mods set in my mind here. More realistic damage across the board being one (hard mode is sponge mode, when I feel that it should be semi-LTK mode, especially when playing stealth), and consumable stats diversification being another. I might try my hand at them myself once the creation kit is released, and they've not already been addressed by the devs.

Irrespective of how much more work CDPR carry out on this game once the modding community gets their hands on it we'll have a Skyrim beater. Finally. Just don't expect any of those marvels on a console.
        Sorry dave that doesn’t really work. All those things were present in the release of gta5 on ps3. Its not up to the community to fix a commercial product for the devs, there a business selling a product, it should be in a playable state and work as intended.

Also the majority of sales will be Console, where thats not even an option.

Comment

I'd stack CP2077 more against Skyrim than I would GTA but even then it's not entirely favourable. I like the game but I can't think of a single progressive thing in it or any way at all it would ever come close to Skyrims bar. I think it's simply a game that exposes the always there truth, that CDPR aren't as good as many hyped them up to be based on the wonky Witcher games.

Comment

It’s pretty bread and butter stuff though for this type of game, though Dave and should have been in the game at launch - after all they ripped quite abit from gta, why not go the full hog!

Having put another 5 or so hours into this, the cracks are now really apparent (reaching fissure size) and those braindance events are the most frustrating things I have encountered in games for years.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Sorry dave that doesn’t really work. All those things were present in the release of gta5 on ps3. Its not up to the community to fix a commercial product for the devs, there a business selling a product, it should be in a playable state and work as intended.

Also the majority of sales will be Console, where thats not even an option.
              But it does work.

That's the great thing about communities. Even if CP2077 released in a 10/10 revolutionary state there would still be an ocean of scarily capable (and hungry) enthusiasts willing to add to the game and expand it with millions of man-hours of input over the years beyond what any modern AAAA budget is anywhere near capable of fulfilling. Look at some of the mods for Skyrim, and how they transform that into beyond-GOAT material. The same will happen here, only I do expect CDPR to support this project with a little more integrity than Bethesda do with their own.

Once you sample it there's no going back. Not that Bethesda will ever get another penny of my money, but I'd never dream of playing Skyrim without even as much as the unofficial patch, so that rules out the PS4/Switch versions. With that in regard only the publisher cares about sales. I care more about the game on my screen and in my hands, hence why I've donated at least 10x the initial retail cost of Skyrim to the modding community over the years instead of repeatedly buying the base game on various formats.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                It’s pretty bread and butter stuff though for this type of game, though Dave and should have been in the game at launch - after all they ripped quite abit from gta, why not go the full hog!

Having put another 5 or so hours into this, the cracks are now really apparent (reaching fissure size) and those braindance events are the most frustrating things I have encountered in games for years.
                I really like the brain dance stuff... feels a little bit minority report detective though admittedly none of them so far have been that difficult to figure out.

Comment

No doubt there will be loads of cool mods for this game eventually. But it seems like a shame that what they have actually created here in the first instance is not brilliant. Just speaking for myself, I'm not really that interested in a sandbox for mod developers.

It'll be interesting to see what it's like in five years' time though, modded to the hilt.

Comment

I see Cyberpunk has contaminated Death Stranding!

Comment

But it does work.

That's the great thing about communities. Even if CP2077 released in a 10/10 revolutionary state there would still be an ocean of scarily capable (and hungry) enthusiasts willing to add to the game and expand it with millions of man-hours of input over the years beyond what any modern AAAA budget is anywhere near capable of fulfilling. Look at some of the mods for Skyrim, and how they transform that into beyond-GOAT material. The same will happen here, only I do expect CDPR to support this project with a little more integrity than Bethesda do with their own.

Once you sample it there's no going back. Not that Bethesda will ever get another penny of my money, but I'd never dream of playing Skyrim without even as much as the unofficial patch, so that rules out the PS4/Switch versions. With that in regard only the publisher cares about sales. I care more about the game on my screen and in my hands, hence why I've donated at least 10x the initial retail cost of Skyrim to the modding community over the years instead of repeatedly buying the base game on various formats.
                      Sigh. That just doesn’t wash though Dave. If you want to use that analogy then you could apply it to everything, oh the car I bought is missing its 4th wheel, community will mod that after purchasing, your new graphics card is missing its ram, don’t worry community will mod in later.
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 21-12-2020, 15:25.

Comment

The videos I'm seeing on Twitter are insane. Like a whole other level of broken, and I played New Vegas when it came out. I know broken but this, wow.

Also there are some things (like cars and pedestrians vanishing) that don't look like bugs. They look like dodgy features, like people weren't supposed to notice it was happening.

And yeah, put me squarely in the camp that think that it should not be up to players to fix a single one of these things.

Comment

I saw one vid that was a scripted event and the more I watched it the more I saw wrong. If they can't script something right, imagine how crazy it is when the npcs are left to their own devices.
                          It released probably a year to early.

Comment

Investors are looking to sue CDPR over misleading claims. They probably stand a good chance of winning.

Comment

What a damn mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                The videos I'm seeing on Twitter are insane. Like a whole other level of broken, and I played New Vegas when it came out. I know broken but this, wow.
                                It really isn't, at least not on PC. Maybe my experience is atypical, but I have over 40 hours in the game now and haven't experienced anything game breaking (I haven't played it since the 1.05 patch dropped).

There are glitches, like floating items, characters clipping, but I haven't experienced anything like clipping through the game world, bumping into thing throwing you across the map or characters/objects appearing out of nowhere, no crashes to desktop. I had one side-quest that need a save reload so the dialogue continued, but that's the only item of note in my logged time.

It's possibly down to running it on a high-end PC so everything streams in with plenty of time, but without testing it on lower end hardware who knows (it should certainly work on their minimum spec advertised). The previous gen consoles are awful by comparison, definitely have soggy bottoms.

The game has its share of problems outside of the technical glitches, but on PC I'd definitely not describe the experience as broken but nor would I score it 10/10. It's a shame it wasn't given more time to iron out the problems the game does have, because it truly could have won all the accolades with more polish.

At the minute I would only recommend taking a look if you own a decent PC.
                                Last edited by MartyG; 21-12-2020, 12:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X