Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Witcher and Witcher 2 both were fine at release. Not played a cdpr game since mind.
    I'm playing Witcher III GOTY with mods that fix stuff and it's incredibly janky at times.

Comment

No updates or DLC till sometime Q1 next year

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...into-next-year
        No updates or DLC till sometime Q1 next year
        I guess the wait goes on, before I get a chance to play this game in some decent shape…

Good job there are a lot of games vying for my attention at the moment…

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
          I guess the wait goes on, before I get a chance to play this game in some decent shape…
          I'm pretty sure they've already patched everything that was glitched. The 'next-gen' update will add some very basic ray-traced reflections and perhaps increase crowd density. Check YouTube for footage of it running on an RTX2080 to get a good grasp of how it'll look and perform.

Comment

These are the things I've been waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              These are the things I've been waiting for.

Nah, we want the next gen patch for next gen consoles hope that arrives soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                Nah, we want the next gen patch for next gen consoles hope that arrives soon.
                Yeah I'm not returning to this until its next gen.
                Streets need to be full of people, NPCs need to act like humans, police need to exist, vendors need to sell ****... The city needs to feel alive.

Comment

Same, I finished this on launch on PS5 and it really felt like a diluted experience.

Comment

I have zero faith the “next gen” console patch comes in any kind of playable form, hey’ll have that running at 20fps and call it a day. They’ve been paid and earned their money, why would they bother at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      Streets need to be full of people, NPCs need to act like humans, police need to exist, vendors need to sell ****... The city needs to feel alive.
                      To be fair, Series X users always had packed streets. It was the funny glitches and lack of next gen features that I want fixing.

Comment

All of these are already resolved with mods. They don't need to bother. The police have been tweaked, but a full-on cop car pursuit can only happen when all other traffic and pedestrians are toggled off... then there is only either one police car or police bike at one time. It's an engine limitation, seemingly, so unless they rebuild everything from nothing I can't see that ever being a thing at all.

When a cutting-edge 30+ teraflop system is already creaking at 80FPS (with DLSS 2.3, I might add) you have to reign in the expectations when it comes to them, or anyone else, shoe-horning this game onto a console effectively. How many years have Bethesda been dishing out Skyrim "remasters" which don't come anywhere near close to the 2011 game running on a PC? Interestingly it's the Xbox platform that's leaps ahead in those stakes.

At best they could come out and say "Next-gen patch... we meant NEXT gen! So PS6/NextBox! You silly-billies!".

Comment

Found a police fix after all!

This mod adds the possibility of being pursued by different police vehicles

Police chase you based on their pre-determined spawn locations, using their vehicles. No more teleporting! Severity scales off of heat.

Alters crowd movement and spawning, traffic behavior and spawning, enemy search mechanics and streaming systems in Cyberpunk 2077

Bigger crowds. Smarter crowds. Better crowds.

The street vendors of Night City will now trade with you!

Street vendor overhaul.

Most important of all. Nyan Cat loading animation.

Comment

Dave, 0.1% of the pc population running mods to fix some of this stuff does not = a fixed game.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Dave, 0.1% of the pc population running mods to fix some of this stuff does not = a fixed game.
                              Nothing else ever will lead to fixed game/s. The various studios are forever restricted by capitalism. CDPR are stalling their 'Red Kit' for CP2077, putting the delay down to manpower issues, when in fact we all know they plan on monetising/gatekeeping their own additional content... The community have already resolved that particular hurdle by creating Cyber Engine Tweaks and RedScript, which both make more ambitious modding possible.

We're at a point where if you want a job doing properly you have to do it yourself. Studios aren't equipped at the managerial/executive level to deliver projects of this scale. It's not down to incompetence or lack of vision.

I'd guess a lot more that 0.1% of total players are on PC, as well. With a huge chunk of them running mods. This isn't like modding Skyrim, either, where you have to constantly worry about mod managers and load orders - you literally only have to unzip files into your Cyberpunk folder.
                              Last edited by dataDave; 16-12-2021, 11:41.

Comment

I say this as someone who, barring one progression blocker, had no issues on my playthrough. The devs should just put out the fixes they have in the new year then walk away, the game really isn't worth years and years of efforts to fix. Iron out the gameplay kinks then wrap it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X