Final Fantasy XV (PS3 & Wii-U) - Rumor for now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    Twelve had exactly the same battle flow and FF7-8, the Active Time Battle. It was still turn based just felt much freer.
    Better for you. I thought it was utter ****. It still stands today as the only numbered Final Fantasy i never finished,
    i got pretty much to the end but couldn't be bothered (and I even bothered to do X-2)

Comment

X-2 is the best Final Fantasy. What are you implying?

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
        Better for you. I thought it was utter ****. It still stands today as the only numbered Final Fantasy i never finished,
        i got pretty much to the end but couldn't be bothered (and I even bothered to do X-2)
        I never actually said it was better, I said it was freer. Like it or not the battle system was exactly the same. The only different is you could use gambits and the characters didn't stand still before attacking.

Quite a few of the newer Final Fantasy games are not turn based, they are active time battle which means an enemy will attack even if you haven't made your choice.

Comment

I thought the battle system of XII was one of the few great things in that disappointing RPG. It was faster and i loved how the enemies appeared on the screen. In fact after doing 12 i found it difficult adjusting to the old fall into a separate screen to battle system of the old games.

Comment

Only Battle system i didn't enjoy was 8's, the draw system was broken as hell. Anyway sounds like we're more 13 like combat system.. which i wouldn't mind as fights where fast and relied on your tactics to swap to the right paradigm's to get 5 stars on normal mobs and beat bosses, and featured buff/debuff system that actually mattered until 13-2 which was to easy to blast through all but the some bosses without Buff/Debuff, which is i guess what happens when you open up the game from the get go, you can power level so tactics aren't needed which to be fair is standard way to play RPG's, Grind > Skill.

I also enjoyed 12 combats coming of the back of 11.

Comment

Crystal Chronicles all the way. Well, Ring of Fates at least, still not actually played Crystal Bearers.

Comment

Bumptastic, couldn't see any other FF XV threads.

Sony released this FF XV trailer last week to hype up things before the PS4 launch, don't know if/what consoles it's coming to bar the PS4. Got to be watched at 1080p full screen.

Comment

They announced kingdom hearts 3 and FFXV for xbox one.
                  There won't be a Wii U versions of either.

Comment

The trailer, im getting a Bayonetta vibe off it, is it me or others think, feel it too?

Comment

I'm not getting a Final Fantasy vibe that's for sure.

Comment

Final Fantasy XV is the previously known Final Fantasy Versus XIII (we have a thread for it) that's been in development for god knows how long.

And like Naka said, that doesn't look like Final Fantasy at all, it looks more like Uncharted. This series is dead.
                        Last edited by Guts; 16-02-2014, 09:42.

Comment

Yup, Nomura got his way... just a more matureish KH filled with good looking men.

Comment

Looks very pretty is all I can say... I'm all for change if it's in the right direction... Hopefully this plays as good as it looks!

Luv the European inspired architecture...

Lol @ shaggy_oppa's 'good lookin men'

Comment

Impressive...

and Nomura is no longer directing! my faith is restored a little

OMG IT'S A FEMALE CHARACTER!

I do love how they ended it. Also a demo will be included with copies of Type-0 which'll see release in March.
                              Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 18-09-2014, 01:47.

Comment

This is what a Final Fantasy game looks like these days? Hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X