From Bedrooms to Billions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Bedrooms to Billions

A documentary feature film telling the story of the UK Video Games Industry from 1979 to 1996. | Check out 'From Bedrooms to Billions' on Indiegogo.

My name is Nicola Caulfield and I am one half of a writing, producing and directing team from London, England, with my husband Anthony Caulfield.

The reason for my mail is that I need your help to spread the word on our new film. We have just launched an Indiegogo campaign to raise funds for our new 90 minute feature documentary film called "From Bedrooms to Billions. The film tells the remarkable, true story of the British Video Games Industry between 1979 > 1996. It shows how the creativity and vision of a relatively small number of individuals allowed the UK to play a key, pioneering role in the shaping of the billion dollar video games industry which today, dominates the modern world?s entertainment landscape.

We have written, produced and directed various acclaimed documentaries over the years for both broadcast and commercial release, including "The Story of The Young Ones", "Alternative Rebellion: The beginning of Britain's Alternative Comedy Scene", "Doctor Who - Stripped for Action" for the BBC, as well as "George Michael - FAITH" and "Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds" for Sony Music.

We have also worked with the rock group "Pink Floyd" to produce a theatrical version of "Pink Floyd's - Pulse" which was distributed worldwide and featured a re-worked soundtrack. We also made two documentaries on gypsy punk group "Gogol Bordello" for Channel 4 and produced the celebrated HD world music TV series "Soundcheck at Momo's". 2010 saw the release of our first feature film, "Immodesty Blaize - Burlesque Undressed", which had a worldwide theatrical release and then later on DVD and terrestrial broadcast.

In addition to this work we have always had a real passion to produce films that document the video games industry. Some of our work has included short documentary films on CRASH & ZZAP!64 magazine producers Newsfield Publications (The Newsfield Years), "Sandy White - Ant Attack" and "Virtua Tennis" as well as recently completing the official Sonic the Hedgehog 20th Anniversary documentary titled "Sonic - The Birth of an Icon".

Now that we have launched our Indiegogo campaign for "From Bedrooms To Billions" we have been working hard to get the word out about our film to as many people as possible through the use of Facebook, Twitter, Forums, Friends and Family and I wondered if it would be possible for you to help us by viewing the link to our campaign, watching our short film and if you would be kind enough to blog and share the link about our film to as many people as possible and of course feel free to contribute if you feel you would like to see the film made.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this message and for hopefully helping to support our film.
Working...
X