Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost Trick 2!

Comment

Release date has been pegged as October 2013 (October 8th NA)
      Also Willem Dafoe has been confirmed as a cast member in new trailer.

Comment

Eyes are amazing. I adore the subtle movements - really very inviting. Wonderfully done.

- but it's all so wooden. The arms, the hands, the stiff neck movements. The closer areas get to realism, the more intense all the stiffness sticks out - screaming out. I feel awful thinking like that, because of course I can see and wholeheartedly appreciate how amazing it is - but equally, i cant help but think it's on the wrong gen!

Games like this will be the ones that look dated much sooner than titles that focus more on style.
        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Yeah but how much would it cost to stop production and start it again on PS4? People who loved Heavy Rain will be all over it and you have Page and Dafoe, two pretty big names you can flaunt with advertising. Also you have a incredibly large fanbase already made up on PS3 and none on PS4 yet.
          I can't wait to give this a go over, October.
          Last edited by Family Fry; 01-03-2013, 19:26.

Comment

Yeah, I can't wait for this.

I kinda wish their were more things like Heavy Rain and LA Noir

Comment

I do agree- and I loved heavy rain and i cant wait for this... It was just a passing thought really. Obviously pushing the boundaries in realism in titles to further evoke emotion is one of the key pillars for this title, yet it's a shame that it won't be long until one of the very things it set out to do will be dated. Usually games take years to be dated, yet the technical feats this is achieving will be outdated pretty quickly. Like i said, just a passing thought.

As for the game itself, i cant wait. People who didn't like Heavy Rain for the play-style, fair enough - it wasnt for everyone - but those who said it was simply bad, boggles my mind. It was a beautiful game, not just visually but how it was presented. This looks to take things further, very excited.
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post

As for the game itself, i cant wait. People who didn't like Heavy Rain for the play-style, fair enough - it wasnt for everyone - but those who said it was simply bad, boggles my mind.
                By the same token (at the time) Dragon's Lair was also a beautiful game, doesn't mean it was a good game though.. Heavy Rain is the only game I have ever seen where I actually got more enjoyment watching someone else play it, rather than me playing it.

As you say not for everyone, certainly not for me.

Comment

Games in their very nature can achieve something that films cannot, so it is interesting to see a media that can leverage traditional cinematography and film's strengths for storytelling and combine it with a videogames inherent interactivity.

I don't see why games have to be games and films have to be films.

yeah, it would be pretty tedious if everything followed the same basic template, but I think it's good that someone is prepared to do something a bit different.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    Games in their very nature can achieve something that films cannot, so it is interesting to see a media that can leverage traditional cinematography and film's strengths for storytelling and combine it with a videogames inherent interactivity.

I don't see why games have to be games and films have to be films.

yeah, it would be pretty tedious if everything followed the same basic template, but I think it's good that someone is prepared to do something a bit different.
                    Games can be like films and actually be games too. Old school resident evils are a perfect example of this. They are games with proper gameplay but also feature Hitchcock style camera angles and twist filled plot line that people like to experience.

Heavy Rain might have had the camera angles and story, but it didn't have the gameplay.

Comment

Willem Dafoe announced as co-star!!

Hope there's DLC to have him dressed as that Birdeyes Polar Bear.

Comment

There was a hands on event yesterday so there's a few new articles about the game and a new gameplay trailer.

Comment

A 60 minutes live stream from Tribeca Film Festival.

Wasn't going to watch it but...

Comment

New trailer.

Some of the live game feed from last night, it's 35 minutes long so it does touch on parts of the story that you may want to avoid. I thought it was OK though.

Comment

MUST......RESIST......WATCHING.

I didn't watch too much Heavy Rain and felt a LOT better for going into that rather unspoiled on the direction, so for now I will just admire the 2 pictures of the above preview videos.

Can't wait for this though, going to be good.

Comment

Do you know what, it's difficult to recommend that people watch either of them but I am glad that I did watch them.

The trailer shows a few things that had already been been show as well as some completely new locations and gameplay which surprised me. There's going to be people who hate everything about it and I understand that completely but I loved playing Heavy Rain and to me this seems to have moved forwards quite a bit since that.

Technically it'd not perfect because there are times when it's clearly struggling to do what they want it to do but from what I can tell there's nothing on the technical side which is going to get in the way of how the game plays.

I'm trying not to mention anything specific when it comes to gameplay and plot but on a technical level it seems to be far ahead of anything else in some places. There was some moments where I was just sitting there watching it amazed by some of what I saw.

I think the trailer in particular doesn't really give anything away but I know that some will be disappointed if they watch them but there isn't anything plot wise that it seems to give away.

Interestingly though, Willem Defoe doesn't seem to have settled into the role as much as other people in the game, I felt his brief appearances he just didn't feel as natural as other people in the game. His acting reminded me a bit of Heavy Rain where you could at times tell they were reading from a script because they just felt really awkward.

I'm glad I've watched it though and I really can't wait to try it now. It's still difficult to recommend watching it, I don't feel it spoilt anything for me but it's still taken 30 minutes of gameplay from a 10 hour game and showed it to me before I've played it.

There was quite a lengthy section (about 30 minutes) of the cast and Cage talking about the game which was interesting but I can't see amy videos which don't include the gameplay too.

Comment

Working...
                                X