Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Blade (Neo-Geo, Wii VC - NTSC-J & NTSC-U).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last Blade (Neo-Geo, Wii VC - NTSC-J & NTSC-U).

The Last Blade got a US Virtual Console release this week, following on from the JPN Virtual Console release that it got back in March.

I would've thought that an EU VC release for this is now more likely than unlikely, although I for one will obviously be pissed if this doesn't happen.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 08-06-2012, 11:18.

You know its funny, they saved all the big neo geo hittters until right at the end of the wii's lifespan.

Hope they learn from this, if we had the likes of last blade, and sam spirits 4 near the start of the wii's life i'd have snapped them up like hot cakes.

Not nearly enough games released in truth.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
      Not nearly enough games released in truth.
      Agreed. A lack of consistent content/service delivery has hampered Wii Virtual Console during its lifespan, which is a shame because VC had/has massive potential. The 3DS eShop and Wii-U Virtual Console will need to be much better.

As far as the major Neo-Geo titles on the Wii are concerned, most of them are available in compilation discs which work out cheaper than purchasing the games individually (KoF, Metal Slug, Samurai Spirits/Shodown, SNK Arcade Classics, etc.) from VC.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-06-2012, 18:46.

Comment

Classic example is the latest lot of Sega titles. You get three on the 360 and PS3 in a download.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
          Classic example is the latest lot of Sega titles. You get three on the 360 and PS3 in a download.
          Yeah the pricing is crazy on wii, you dont mind for special things like rondo, mario rpg, chrono trigger etc, but for average stuff(even in its day) it seems ludicrous.......and never any sales or specials.

I wanted Metal Slug X on VC with proper classic control support for soooo long, but no cigar.

Oh well its ony profit that you are missing out on nintendo and co.

Having said that Last Blade is my favourite neo fighter, with some of the very best art snk ever put in a game, so i'll snap that up on my US wii.

For all my complaints, i'll still take the crumbs they throw me lol.
          Last edited by PaTaito; 11-06-2012, 21:56.

Comment

Yes, there are of course lots of titles you cannot get on the PS3 and 360. I definitely buy a fair few titles from Virtual Console, like you say, rondo, mario rpg etc.

Comment

where do people on here buy US points from ?

Comment

Set your country to brazil and you can pay by credit card

Comment

EU VC release scheduled for next Thursday (2nd August).

Finally!

Comment

Last Blade 2 released on US VC today.

EU VC release to hopefully follow soon...

Comment

Last Blade 2 was released on EU VC on Thursday.

Comment

Unbelievable how all this greatness keeps coming to the VC.

And there's me, downloading it illegally like a proper twat.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          Unbelievable how all this greatness keeps coming to the VC.

And there's me, downloading it illegally like a proper twat.
                          Not condoning your actions, but maybe it wouldn't happen if Nintendo were quicker/better with delivering content to VC than they have been?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            Not condoning your actions, but maybe it wouldn't happen if Nintendo were quicker/better with delivering content to VC than they have been?
                            Amen to that!

Comment

If I was still back home with my real collection I'd have the AES carts still, it's more to do with selling everything off to emigrate. When you do that it kind of destroys the part of you that's particular about this kind of thing. Add to that the CFW Wii I purchased came like that, so no store access. I honestly didn't know I could yaaarrr VC stuff until after I got it and did some playing. Also, I only have space for a handful of 360 and Wii games at the moment.

Saying that, buying the VC roms would give some money back to SNKP (would I really want that?). It's sad to realise that the only time SNK got any of my money was through the NGPC. They'd just declared bankers the day after I got my AES.
                              Last edited by dataDave; 11-12-2012, 00:01.

Comment

Working...
                              X