Pool Edge on GameCube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool Edge on GameCube

Has anyone ever played this game? It's developed by NDcube of F-Zero Maximum Velocity (And Tube Slider) fame and is meant to be the "Halo" of pool games!

Play Asia says:

Pool Edge features a great amount of detail put into the game. All the friction of the tables, bumper elasticity, and ability to put English on the ball is calculated on the fly. It's not a new concept, but it is said NDCube even went as far to have a professional billiards player consult them during development. Pool Edge is home to a good amount of options and modes including Practice Versus Computer, Two-Player Versus, Tournament, and Trick Shot.

Looking at the screens it seems all the text is in English...

A pool table on a cruise liner? Classy.

What do you think? Does anyone know anything else about it? Famitsu scores?

Vaipon is selling it for ?20 so I might pick it up out of sheer curiosity (Same with that frog golf game). Sometimes it's nice to play a game you know nothing about.

I didn't know this was out yet. I lost count of the many hours spent on Virtual Pool on the n64. Where is it ?20?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris
      Where is it ?20?

It says "poolside", but presumably he means this. It's been out since 2002!

Comment

2002? Really? I remember a thread on the News board about this game a little ago, unless im thinking of another GC Pool game

Well if that 'Poolside' is indeed Pool Edge then im definatly down for a copy.

Comment

Yeah, been out for ages. I never bothered to get it before due to it being totally unknown.

?20 is a good price though.

Comment

Working...
          X