No announcement yet.

Games Unlockable Content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all for unlockables, it makes a purchase all the more worthwhile. Cheap unlockables like a new costume is pointless, but more levels, side stories, different endings, new tracks, cars etc. That's all good.

As for the cheat device users, they are wankers that can't be bothered with taking the time to actually play a game they purchased. Idiots...

I remember when Vice City came out and the Gamefaqs boards were filled with, I Need CHEAT code topics. Sad times indeed.

Comment

Che Musashi, you wouldn;t happen to be the now defunct Gouki13 on GameFAQs?

Comment

The best about SSB:M was that most of the unlockables could be unlocked through persistent multiplayer play - it didn't require extensive single player play to get them - that was the problem with PGR and TS2. It wasn't that they had unlockables, it was that those unlockables where out of reach of those people (like me) who where only interested in the multiplayer aspects.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceButDim
          The best about SSB:M was that most of the unlockables could be unlocked through persistent multiplayer play - it didn't require extensive single player play to get them - that was the problem with PGR and TS2. It wasn't that they had unlockables, it was that those unlockables where out of reach of those people (like me) who where only interested in the multiplayer aspects.
          Nail on the head there dude. Absolutely spot on. Considering every review said "this has a far superior multiplayer element than singleplayer", forcing people to play one half of the game before they can even fully enjoy the totally seperate other half is just wrong.

Ikaruga's unlockable mode is appreciated. Both options are appreciated.
          The SSB:M wasn't too bad, just ludicrously large no. of Vs battle required. But then again, only the target practice and home run and multiman melee required any skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Crispin
            No I was grandtheftmonkey there for a while...but that and all my gamefaqing is behind me.

Comment

Originally posted by Che Musashi
              Originally posted by Crispin
              No I was grandtheftmonkey there for a while...but that and all my gamefaqing is behind me.
              ah, so you were the petition person on the Evo board to get the save fixed.

Comment

I was thinking about earnable unlockables and I'm surprised there aren't more on Live to "earn" or purchase (using some game currency, not the real stuff although for more hefty stuff I don't mind so much).

Comment

Nope, so I now know of 3 Mushahis. Two here, one on Gamefaqs.
                  Damn, why is that name popular

Comment

That was me Stroppa. I emailed Sega like crazy and wrote letters to head of the US localisation and everything. It was a noble abeit futile cause.

I never even got a written response to my hand typed letters. Sega can be a cold fish sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                    X