Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition

How to make sure you get a return on a heavy investment title? Keep those cash-ins coming!

Sony has announced the Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition, due out this autumn to coincide with the fourth year of the coll…

Sony has announced they will release Gran Turismo: Academy Edition on PS3 this Autumn. The release is the original game with all the existing DLC bundled in and a new car added which comprises of:

• Complete Pack (Car Pack, Course Pack, Special Paint Pack, Racing Gear Pack).
    • Car Pack 2.
    • Car Pack 3 and Course Pack 2.
    • The Nissan GTR driven in this year's Nurburgring 24 hour race by series creator Kazunori Yamauchi.

It will cost ?19.99, if I'm right it barely registers as a worthwhile rerelease as I picked up GT5 2nd hand for less than ?6. However, it will generate interest in the title again.

This might be a valid release if all patches, downloads and DLC updates are included on disc, as the amount the number of downloads GT5 required was nothing short of stunning.

Although the DLC is mentioned, does anyone know if the patches and other downloads are on disc too?

Comment

Out of interest, how much does all that DLC cost individually?

Comment

It's been out in Japan for ages. It's just the standard game with a DLC code in the box.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          It's just the standard game with a DLC code in the box.
          Thats a whole day of downloads and updates then!

Comment

Not sure what the current pricing is for the GT5 DLC as some of it's been out for a good while so might have been through discount reductions but it was something like $25 on release for everything according to google in total.

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
              Thats a whole day of downloads and updates then!
              My original GT5 data was still on my PS3, so I just used the code and sold the game the next day.

Minna no Golf 5. Now that is a day of updates.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
              X