Metroid Prime done quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metroid Prime done quick

This is utterly incredible - Metroid Prime - 100% completed...

1 Hour 37 minutes

It's all here

YIKERS!

Comment

100%?

Hmm...

I know someone who can complete it in 1hr49mins, but that's just 50%...

Comment

Hang on, isn't that Quake they're on about, or have I missed something?

Comment

I've always had a heart for Nintendo games and did casual speed runs of a few. I think the first was Super Metroid. Nine years later the sequel, Metroid Prime for the Nintendo Gamecube was released and I got it the first day it was out. I took over 14 hours the first time I finished it, but I planned on a real speed run eventually.

It wasn't until almost six months later that I heard of a speed run done in 1:46 by CALFoolio, which inspired me to finally run it. After many attempts I got a time of 1:34... of course the record was by then already 1:28 by kip, and he soon got 1:23. I decided after that to focus on a 100% speed run: one that gets all 100 items in the game. At the end of June I finished my first one and got a time of 2:10. I was pretty impressed with myself, I beat CALFoolio's 100% time by 9 minutes.

Nah scott, it's MP. And utterly speedy.

Comment

Nope, it's Metroid Prime.

Wowser! I haven't actually finished yet, bearing in mind it's been sitting on my shelf for the best part of a year - untouched.

Comment

Ha. *Looks at copy* 20 hours, 55% complete... in time!

That's bloody impressive. I'm going to download all those videos now! I really want to see them. *starts petrol motor on 56k modem* One more time baby! I swear, it;s worth it!

That's dedication. Bloody impressive!

Comment

Did they use rocket jumps?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench
                  Nah, just ten million cups of coffee and a few lines of *top notch* coke.

Comment

Can anyone be kind enough to download those videos for me and put them on a disc? The links aren't working for me, and my modem is crying from the stress!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench
                      rocket jumps? Is that a glitch in MP or something?..the one where you jump over scenery or something? I don't know much about this---anyone care to expand?

Comment

Rocket jumps are a Quake thing. The "Quake done quick" demos wouldn't have been possible (well at least faster) without it.

Comment

I refuse to believe 100% is possible in that amount of time.

How fast can it be beaten without getting 100%

Comment

Dude, download the videos. He proves it with it all on tape. I would imagine that it maybe possible to complete in little over 1 hour not 100%. It wouldn't take too much to get the rest of the other items, but certain bits may take longer, especially without the extra health and missiles etc...

It would offer a whole new level of tactics. What do you do? Get this item, or would it take too long, would it be possible to beat X boss without it though, would it make that fight too long.

Loads of possibilities!

Comment

You know you're watching something special when he grabs the Space Jump immediately after landing on Tallon IV. Completition times in the one to two hour range are made possible due to some special jumping and bombing techniques which allow you to get items out of sequence and thus eliminate a large amount of backtracking.

The developers were able to fix a few of these glitches just in time for the PAL release. The fixes do not entirely stop you from going out of order, but you will not be able to get times as fast as those on the US-NTSC version. It is however a real testament to the the design quality of the game that you can totally smash the planned route and still have it work properly. Good job all around.

Comment

Working...
                              X