Heavy Gear [consoles, PC, mobile]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy Gear [consoles, PC, mobile]

The last Heavy Gear game I recall was made by Activision for the PC in 1999, after losing the BattleTech license.

Today, the newly formed Stompy Bot has announced they will bring Heavy Gear back into the digital world. Nothing much is known about the game as no screenshots or teasers have been released with this announcement.

In contrast with the massive 'Mechs found in MechWarrior/BattleTech, the Gears take direct inspiration from Armored Troops VOTOMS so game mechanics could be more similar to Hawken than to MechWarrior.
    I've never been a big fun of Heavy Gear as I am of BattleTech, but more mechas around, the better.

This completely flew off my radar. The kickstarter campaign failed (only 45k of 800k were funded), but apprently the project isn't completely derailed yet.
    Joystiq has an interview with Vince McCullin, producer of the game.
    Also, video:

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
      The last Heavy Gear game I recall was made by Activision for the PC in 1999, after losing the BattleTech license.
      They made a later one, Heavy Gear II, which was much closer to the source material - the first HG on PC was a very quickly retooled Mechwarrior game.

I think ultimately Heavy Gear is one of those things which has a few, very dedicated fans, who would expect to see more video games etc., but ultimately it's quite niche. It may have its day in the future, but I don't expect to see much from it any time soon.

Comment

Working...
      X