SSBM-unforgivable flaw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSBM-unforgivable flaw?

I may be totally wrong with this. I'm always playing SSBM with friends/relatives (US version if that makes any difference whatsoever), and we're all very good at it now. However one day, one of them came up with the bright idea of committing suicide (in the game..) when his health was very low, ie 100%+ instead of letting someone else finish him off. "accidental" death in the game, ie jumping off the level results in that player losing 1 point and other players not gaining or losing anything. Therefore when health is low, it's better to jump off, rather than risking being killed by another player and them gaining one point AND the player who died losing a point.
    This seems to be the case, and if so, totally ruins the game. You can keep attacking them, then they can run away and jump off the level, meaning you don't get the point for killing them. Ok they lose the point but that means that the difference between your points can be as little as 1 point rather than 2 if you killed them. Am I right? (does anyone get what i'm asking??) I have just realised however that if you're good enough to injure them so much that they had to jump off, they'd lose the point and you'd hopefully win anyway.

I know what you're asking, yes it is a massive oversight. However it can lead to tactical play and more fierce battles.
    I think it can be turned off aswell, not entirely sure about this but I think it's in options under suicides.

Comment

Yes, there is an option I believe to make "suicides" cost the player either 1, 2 or 3 points...
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Thats the reason why when me and my friends play, we play a 'lives' game rather than a score one.

Comment

When I play with friends (we completed our 4000th vs. game last week, go us!), we generally use the agreement that if you're doing that on purpose, you forfit your next turn and automatically lose the game you're currently playing.

Mind you, I often feel like suiciding a lot when playing against Jigglypuff and it's *sleep, BANG, death* move which my friend still insists is difficult to pull off (I managed to use it 12-15 times on him in a 5 minute match once) ft:

Comment

theres lots of ways round it, playing for lives or bonuses and such or making suicides cost more think you can play for damage % inflicted too? thus if the person had beaten the crap out of thme and they jumped off then it wouldnt make much diff really

Comment

Working...
            X