Getting a NESiCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a NESiCA

Does anyone know how to do it? Despite googling a bit I haven't found guides or similar things and the nesica official site (nesica.net) isn't of much help, even translated.
    I haven't seen a machine that print them out, so I guess after registration the card is delivered to a home address?

Which games are they used for again? I can't remember the full range of cards I ended up with (there were lots) but I don't think I got one of these; I presume you've checked a variety of arcades? I know I saw a few that had tonnes of different card vending machines.

Comment

The NESiCA is from Taito, went to the Taito Arcade in Den Den Town (Osaka) but no such machines; staff was unhelpful due to language barrier. As you have to select an username and password I think it's not something you can do in arcades, but I might be wrong.
      From what I've seen in different arcades here in Osaka the NESiCA is used in multi-game cabinets with the X-2 or compatible boards: you've got BBCSE, Persona 4, Akai Katana, The Rumble Fish 2, Arcana Heart 2 (not the third), a re-edition of Space Invaders (only in Taito arcades though) and several else. At these cabinets it's the only way to register your hi-scores and I'd like to see how much PSR I can get in these two weeks.

Comment

Username and password isn't usually a barrier to doing it on a cabinet - my E-Amuse (Beatmania, JuBeat, Pop'N Music etc) card walked me through setting that up on the cabinet itself and I think a lot of the in-flight reg stuff is fairly standardised across a few different brands of IC cards.

What I did find is that a few of them are hella fiddly to change config on though - to update your player name and so on for the Virtua Fighter cards, you needed to download a program which will only run on J-Windows (IME packs not good enough!) and do it from there. Major ballache.

I know the arcade where I got most of my cards (Club Sega @ Shinjuku) had vending machine things - think more like gachapons in terms of size - for what seemed like every card type known to man. You'd like to think any arcade running a game that needs that type of card would also dispense the cards, but maybe not - perhaps look for a different / bigger arcade?

Comment

Sure you couldn't have just ran Applocale or set your non-Unicode region to Japanese?

Comment

I didn't have a computer with me, just an iPad

Comment

Got one! I never noticed the small vending machine sandwiched between Darius Return, three other card machines and Gundam Extreme Versus cabinets...oh well, 300yen and no the task is to understand how to change nickname: to the official site!

[edit]Done it. Registering was a massive pain, you have to select the city and the shop/arcade where you bought the card and the site will cross check with the card serial if informations are correct. You can use western letters but they have to be inserted via a Japanese system, so i had to fire up the virtualized JPN WinXP I have on my laptop...but it's done, let's see if tonight I can start building my PSR.
              Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 09-08-2012, 08:55.

Comment

Working...
              X