Play Expo Manchester 13-14 October 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play Expo Manchester 13-14 October 2012

Anyone interested in going to this? The organisers have contacted me with various community focused offers, so I'm trying to gauge general interest in the event.

Play Expo is at EventCity in Manchester later this year.

Play Expo takes place on 13-14th October and is the UK’s newest large-scale Gaming Expo, offering gamers the unique opportunity to experience all aspects of the hobby under one massive roof, with all the leisure and hospitality amenities that Manchester offers nearby. The Expo is essentially four events in one:

now.play is a showcase of the latest games and innovations from some of the biggest names in the industry, including Nintendo, EA, Konami and Namco Bandai. This will include exclusive previews of the upcoming Christmas releases.

pro.play is a dedicated area for competitive multiplayer gaming. Our partners from the EGL will be running tournaments on the likes of FIFA, Call of Duty and Super Street Fighter IV, with cash prizes to be won.

re.play celebrates the history of gaming with over 300 classic consoles, home computers, arcade and pinball machines. Everything from Pong to the PS3 will be available for visitors to play, with special themed areas, competitions, giveaways and much more.

cos.play is a dedicated area focussing on Cosplay, Anime and Japanese Gaming culture, with masquerades, skits and contests throughout the weekend.
    Yes definitely
    0%
    Maybe
    0%

I might go, it's local enough.

Will need more info before I decide though. Don't want to be paying Eurogamer expo like prices for an experience that won't match up.

Comment

I'll be there if halo is there.

Comment

I'll go, it's not to far away from me. Would my 14 old lad get in with me?

Comment

I'm interested as I went to Replay for the weekend last year but I'm wary of there being too much of the same stuff again. Currently weighing up whether or not a day ticket is worth the trip from London. No real interest in the forthcoming releases or the competitive stuff, though.

Comment

If there are 10 people going from here, I can get discounts and perks for you.

Comment

I'm going, tickets have been up for a bit now and been trying to tie my calendar together to book it. Hopefully it's decent as there's no decent similar shows nearby.

Comment

Are these discounts off the ticket price Charles?

If bordersdown folk can get some complimentary **** then I think it seals the deal for me

Comment

yeah, cheaper tickets and fees. Need 10 people to put their name down though.

Comment

Well, you can put me down for one.

Comment

Hi there, I’m Mat and I’m responsible for Community Relations for the Expo. Just wanted to respond to a few of the comments made on this thread so far…

The event is open to all ages and Under 16’s get in for a lower ticket price.

We will have 16-player networked XBOX setup running Halo 2 and other tournaments all weekend!

Charles has mentioned a discount if you can get ten or more forum members to commit to the event – I can confirm that this is a discount off the ticket price.

For those of you that went to the Replay Expo in Blackpool over the last 2 years, what you can expect from Play Expo is the same, but bigger. EventCity is at least 4 times larger than the venue used for Replay, so regardless of what type of gaming you’re into there will be tons to see and do.

The re.play section, which covers the entire history of gaming, will have over 250 consoles, around 100 arcade cabinets (classics, JAMMAs and Candy Cabs) and a similar number of pinball machines. Of course we’ll have the obvious titles on most consoles, but we’re also aiming to make things interesting for more hardcore gamers with a selection of obscure games and systems. That will include Japanese imports such as the Neo Geo AES, PC-Engine, Nintendo Famicom and many more.

If there’s anything you’d particularly like to see at the Expo or you have any questions, feel free to reply here or send a PM. Look forward to seeing some of you there!

You can also connect with Replay Events and Play Expo via the popular social networking sites. We are running weekly giveaways on the Facebook page so please pop along and ‘like’ us!

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

I'd definitely be up for going to this and so would my flatmate. How much roughly are the tickets?

Pinball! <3
                        Last edited by Ouenben; 09-08-2012, 20:05.

Comment

I think it was about ?8 for a day and ?13 for the weekend.

I'll probably just go on the saturday, unless there are different events on each day.

Comment

That's child price. ?22 seems to be the price for a weekend price. Which I'd go for.

Everyone going to wear Bordersdown shirts then?

Comment

Damn, I didn't see the "from ?8" bit

Will need to be a good discount or I'll stick with just saturday. ?13 puts it at more expensive than Eurogamer expo.

Comment

Working...
                              X