Sony Cross Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Cross Buy

No, it's not a rage quit style purchase. If you buy the PS3 version, you get the Vita version free.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
    Sly Cooper
    Ratchet and Clank Q-Force
    Are first 3 supported games.

sound shapes is the same isent it ?

Comment

Yes, as has been a number of other PSN titles, MotorStorm RC the most noteable of them. This however is the first time that they've announced it for full-price retail titles. Sly & All-Stars were definite purchases, probably on the PS3 & Vita respectively, where as now I can have it across both formats & for that, it's quite likely I'll be purchasing Ratchet now too.

Comment

Very nice for owners of both the PS3 and Vita, but will it improve sales of the Vita console? I'm not so sure with the games mentioned, but if they could get CoD or FIFA as part of this Cross Buy I think things may be different. Either way it is good to see that Sony haven't forgotten about the Vita!

Comment

I'd have bought all these on PS3 and Vita so to get the Vita versions for free is sweet.

Nice way to confirm Ratchet for Vita too.

Comment

If I get a Vita say next year but buy these games on PS3 this year will I still be able to take advantage of this?

Comment

I imagine it would be a Redeem code included with PS3 version to download the Vita version.
              Can't think of it being any other way, sure there won't be a direct download from the game menu as you could just share the game with mates and of course pre-owned.

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
                Very nice for owners of both the PS3 and Vita, but will it improve sales of the Vita console? I'm not so sure with the games mentioned, but if they could get CoD or FIFA as part of this Cross Buy I think things may be different. Either way it is good to see that Sony haven't forgotten about the Vita!
                I can't see anyone outside of SCE going for this and it's only going to be certain titles where it will work. They wouldnt want to hamper the end product of the last of us, because they have to make allowances it to work on the comparatively underpowered Vita.

Comment

Third party developers and publishers aren't going to want to settle for less royalties from their game sales. Can't see many of them going for this.

Comment

In my ideal little world it'd be a normal PS3 case with the blu ray and cart T_T

Comment

Not a single **** given.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        Not a single **** given.

Then please don't post about it, in my view this borders on trolling those who have a genuine interest.

Comment

Wonder how they're going to stop people buying the PS3 version then trading it in once the Vita version is downloaded. It's a nice option and fair play to them for doing it, being realistic though I'm never going to use it. If I use my Vita it's going to be the get through the scarce platform specific titles Sony release as it doesn't get a ton of use to begin with.

Comment

I really like this idea, but for it to work the vita version needs to be physical and not a dl code. As long as i am not paying the same as retail for both versions id be happy. CoD would be perfect opportunity for this to happen and surly would really help Vita sales.

Could make a nice ltd editions with this.

Comment

Working...
                            X