Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnLive now OffLive?

Not promising...
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

I wonder who will snap up all the patents

Comment

Is onlive even that good??

I see people on AVForums selling thiers but I've always assumed you just get ripped off with RRP prices & better off just buying the games properly.

Neil

Comment

This would be terrible! Oh! Why did no-one see this coming? Why? Wwhhhyyyy?! In fact Sony should buy them, early monopolisation
        Last edited by Neon Ignition; 17-08-2012, 21:23.

Comment

Update here: http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/17/onlive-confirms/

Being bought out but laying off staff. Doesn't sound like they have many users.

Comment

Its been made official that OnLives operating company has had to be bought out by a newly formed company made up of their own staff. Services will continue and they try to reassure in their press release but we all know how this works.

Still, at least if services do end up stopping, it will leave behind a host of titles that fans can play nostalgically and enjo.... oh

Comment

Much hate for OnLive! I've never used it, but I heard it was supposed to be very good for what it's supposed to be.

Comment

OnLive is awesome. I use it quite heavily. They have very good sales from time to time. I recently picked up Saint's Row 3 for ?3.75 for example.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

So they're phoenixing... shafts all their creditors and people who had owned stock in the company, while maintaining all the hardware and IP into the new "life". Real disgusting... sadly fairly common too.
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

What is onlive? Is it the one that even sony wasn't stupid enough to buy?

Comment

The prospect of playing 360 or PS3 on a Sony Xperia Play was always an intriguing one.

Comment

The true extent of OnLive's dire situation has started to emerge as notes from their final meeting appear detailing thoughts from the CEO. The number of concurrent users for the service are suggested to be as low as 1,600 meaning the costs of maintaining the servers were far beyond able. The new buyer remains an unknown but it's an individual, not a company. There's some other points which are... generous... regarding OnLive's accomplishments as a company. The summary seems to be that it was an idea with little consumer interest that was also run badly. No doubt there'll be mass downscaling now to offset costs and try to make it work but consumer interest and publisher support has to be shattered now.

I'd even hazard the guess that the OnLive saga might end up having held back cloud gaming more than helped it.

Comment

Sony and Dave Perry talk the Sony/Gaikai deal

Comment

ANyone else think Branson may be the buyer?

Comment

At this rate it's probably Notch.

Comment

Working...
                              X