Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games that fully use Widescreen options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games that fully use Widescreen options?

I've gotten 32 widescreen Tv, and have been messing around with a few game on it, to my surprise Halo doesn't work with it and PGR looks totally crap, but so far only Amped,DoA3, DoAvb uses it right and Burnout 2 is the master of it, It even sets up multiplayer differently. So i would like to know what over games use Widescreen to the fullest?

F-Zero on the GC uses Widescreen amazingly with progressive scan, and it works without progressive scan too.

I find that the Xbox is the best for options on widescreen. If you set the screen to widescreen mode it will change back to 4:3 on games that only support 4:3, therefore not stretching the screen. I only have DoA3 that supports 16:9 on Xbox but I would recon there are more.

PS2 is by far the worst for widescreen. It doesn't seem to send out a signal to the TV to tell it to change to widescreen. It just stretches the picture at first and if you set it to widescreen it just pushes the black borders down and up. Making it very annoying to get the correct aspect ratio on the TV. I have got a RGB Blaze Scart so if there is an issue with that then could someone please give me an alternative Scart lead to use so that it will change automatically.

Comment

Monkey Ball 2, F-Zero GX and Eternal Darkness. All games should support it IMO. It's criminal that high profile games like Halo and Metroid Prime don't.

Comment

Out of the more recent stuff Rainbow 6 3, Tony Hawks Underground, Amped 2, SSX3 and Colin McRae 4 are all widescreen. I shall write a more comprehensive list when I get in from work

Comment

I jut set my options on my Xbox to Widescreen, and Halo looks amazing...

Also, Metroid looks perfect on my 32", and doesn't appear to be stretched.

Comment

Both of those games are stretched in 16:9, though I agree Prime looks decent 16:9.

It might just be my imagination, but some games seem as if they have been designed with widescreen in mind, so they look slightly stretched vertically in 4:3 and slightly stretched horizontally in 16:9.

Billy Hatcher for example looks ok in either mode.

Comment

PGR2 almost makes up for PGR1 with a swanky new widescreen mode

One question to those with smart-arse LCD TV's - if I'm playing in prog scan mode with component cables, will the average LCD TV happily stretch a 4:3 picture to 16:9 to fill the display? Cos I am pretty much sold on getting a nice big LCD after xmas and its the one niggly little doubt left in my mind. Sorry to derail the thread ever so slightly

Comment

SSX Tricky had widescreen. Hi res mode on World Driver championship can be stretched nicely (N64). Um.

Comment

The Getaway and Soul Calibur 2.

Comment

Tobal are you just looking widescreen in Xbox titles, or are you interested in other formats too? Don't want to start reeling off games unessessarily

Comment

I've got

Modded Pal xbox
                      Modded GC (need a real RPG cable though)
                      Many dreamcasts
                      N64
                      PSone
                      Saturn

So im mainly looking for xbox, GC, dreamcast games.

Comment

This is just a few off the top of my head:

Dreamcast-

F355 Challenge
                        Metropolis Street Racer (though it has to be unlocked)

GameCube-

F-Zero GX
                        Eternal Darkness

XBox-

Dead or Alive 3
                        Panzer Dragoon Orta
                        Mercedes World Racing
                        Moto GP: URT
                        Moto GP 2
                        Quantum Redshift
                        Amped
                        Amped 2
                        SSX 3
                        Rainbow Six 3
                        True Crime
                        Tony Hawks Underground
                        Colin McRae 4
                        Blinx: The Time Sweeper
                        Burnout 2
                        Rallisport Challenge

I'm sure there's plenty more (especially on DC and GC), but they're the only ones I've come across personally.

Comment

I'm sure I originally found a link to this site from here, but hey here we go again Lists games with widescreen and prog scan options (although its an american site so the prog scan stuff mostly won't apply for PAL releases). Not the most up-to-date list in the world though, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
                            Modded GC (need a real RPG cable though)
                            Heehee.
                            I think you mean RGB.

Comment

Off my head

Sega Sports games on XBOX do widescreen

Soul Calibur 2, F-Zero GX support widescreen on Gamecube

I want all Bungie, Ubisoft, Nintendo, EA, Capcom, Konami, and Sega games to support widescreen

All game should have online gaming, widescreen and 60 HZ and progressive scan as standard

Comment

Working...
                              X