Killer Instinct 3/HD - XBox 360, 720?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killer Instinct 3/HD - XBox 360, 720?

Microsoft has just renewed the "Killer Instinct" trademark. In itself nothing to get excited about, as it could easily be just to hold on to the trademark for no other reason than not letting it go. But the cool part is that Microsoft themselves spread the word. Essentially telling the world that they're doing it for a reason.

So this means we're probably getting a remaster of the first or gold, or a brand new title. I don't know which is more likely. On one hand the assets in the old game are very much sprite based, and would need some reworking to look halfway decent in HD. They would almost need to remake the entire game. But I don't know if the IP is strong enough that Microsoft would want to spend AAA dollars on making a new game. Though a fighting game can easily be made for much less money than any adventure/FPS game, and it could make sense to have it as a launch game for the upcoming console, as early adopters are usually "core" gamers.

Full story on Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...stinct-revival

playxbla.com were the site that broke it SO it has to be an XBLA (HD?) version of 1 & 2.

Comment

Yeah I saw that. Could still mean a new game, but with a much smaller scale.

Comment

Seriously, Killer Instinct? Why stop there? Let's have an HD remake of the Jaguar classic : Fight For Life

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
          Seriously, Killer Instinct? Why stop there? Let's have an HD remake of the Jaguar classic : Fight For Life
          Hahaha my cousin bought that it was so ****... Can't believe anyone has even heard of it

Comment

Fight For Life is good, but not a patch on Kasumi Ninja.

Years ago I would have done anything for a new Killer Instinct but SFIV killed off any remaining love of the genre, don't think I will even bother if it's a re-release.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
              Hahaha my cousin bought that it was so ****... Can't believe anyone has even heard of it
              I was at an expo in London and the devs were showing it off. I was young at the time and started telling them how crap it was. They got pretty upset and swore that once it was optimised it'd run at 60fps. I believe my response was "Oh chinny hill" lol

Comment

I'm sure someone on retro gamer thinks that Jag game is good.

Comment

The rumour is that an unfinished beta was published instead of the final version after Atari failed to make the last payments to the developers.

Comment

I want G.A.S.P. Fighters Nextreme remake.

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
                      Fight For Life is good, but not a patch on Kasumi Ninja.
                      "good" meaning "blindingly crap" and "not a patch on" meaning "not as astonishingly sh1t as", right?

Comment

Ha indeed! Though Kasumi Ninja did have a Scottish fella called Angus MacGreggor who could shoot fireballs from under his kilt, therefore automatically making it one of the greatest games of all time.

Comment

Working...
                        X