Amiga 1200 Mouse Port Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amiga 1200 Mouse Port Help

I recently got out my old amiga 1200 and tried to fire it up only to find that although games etc load fine, and the second control port (joystick) works ok, the first controller port (mouse) doesn't seem to work at all except that right clicking the mouse button seems to move the cursor a couple of pixels down-right (then back again when the button is released).

Anyone got any ideas if this is fixable and how I'd go about doing it?

cheers

Have you tried another mouse ?

Have you got any games you can use the jopystick in port one for (two player games maybe)

I havnt used an Amiga in ages, but if memory serves correctly the custom chip may be damaged (but if that were the case then the other port wouldnt work either - I think) or the connection to the port is playing up.

It`s probably cheaper to get a new A1200 cheap than to get it repaired

Comment

sounds like an incompatible mouse.

While it uses the same connector, Amiga mice are not compatible with 9 pin D plug PC mice, they are Amiga specific.

Are you sure its an Amiga mouse? If its third party does it have a switch on the underside for 'Amiga' compatibility?

Comment

Cheers for all your help. I tried another mouse and it still didn't work so i guess it's died a sorry death.

Comment

Working...
        X