Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entering the final quarter of 2012 (GOTY so far)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guild Wars 2.

Amazing game.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle View Post
      journey. nothing else comes anywhere near.
      Quoted for truth, enough said.

Comment

Man, I still need to play Journey - Completely my sort of game.

For me:

The Walking Dead
        Asura's Wrath
        Binary Domain
        Yakuza Dead Souls
        Sine Mora
        Tokyo Jungle
        Borderlands 2

None of those really leap out at me in terms of a GOTY, but they've all been ruddy good fun. Yakuza and Borderlands especially.

Comment

The best game I have played this year is probably The Last Story. Sleeping Dogs, Resident Evil 6 would be in with a shout on what I have played but only tried both demos and loved them.

Comment

Resi revelations 3ds hands down
            Last edited by Hartley Hare; 01-10-2012, 05:50.

Comment

This year has had lots released but has probably been the mostly densely populated year for ages where most of the games were meh or a disappointment.

I enjoyed going through SFxT, Sniper Elite V2, Binary Domain, DiRT Showdown, Mass Effect 3 etc but none would be GOTY any other year. Everything to play for still in my books for Oct-Dec

Comment

Binary Domain, Dragon's Dogma, Journey are probably my top 3 (no particular order).

Honourable mentions to Borderlands 2, and Mass Effect 3, also. I feel like Gravity Daze would be in there if I'd actually found the time to play it, too.

Comment

CS :GO on PC for me.

Comment

Day Z

Comment

Haven't played a lot of stuff but probably Sleeping Dogs for me.

Comment

It’s been the year of the perfect remake, where old games are really given the treatment they deserve (I never want to go back to the era of the PlayStation or Saturn porting a 16bit game) and cleaned up even further to make it better than the original release.

Fantastic new games have been thin on the ground and the only 2 games released thus far that I haven’t played and could be worthy are Mass Effect 3 and Boarderlands 2.

Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection
                        This is how you port a game, I was disappointed that Metal Gear Solid was not included, but the collection is already bursting at the seams that it’s not much of an issue. It’s a fantastic package and considering how badly the Silent Hill Collection went, and the revelation that Bluepoint Games had to work without the original source code, it’s a miracle how great this is.

Jet Set Radio (Xbox Live Arcade)
                        Sega keep on showing how you port your classic games, all for 800 MS Points. After all these years, there’s still nothing like Jet Set Radio, what I would give to have been a Developer at Sega during their Dreamcast years.

Max Payne 3
                        A dirty, extravagant and voyeuristic look into a bloke who shoots guns over and over again, before stumbling back into a Hotel room to have a quiet drink. It does not re-invent the wheel, sometimes it becomes a chore to keep holding down RT to dispatch another crook and I don’t like some of the boring locations the game takes you on, but when you’re in a closed environment and bullets are kicking up concrete dust, you feel like you are Chow Yun-Fat.

Comment

My faves so far are;

The Pinball Arcade - iOS
                          Gridrunner - iOS
                          Mushihimesama HD - 360

Comment

I've only bought two games that were released this year. Lollipop Chainsaw & Borderlands 2.

Love both of them, but Borderlands 2 is the much better game.

Honourable mention to Double Dragon Neon, as it just does everything right in such a cheesy way.

Comment

TERA.

Comment

The Walking Dead.
                                Love the story. Simple, honest, thought provoking fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X