Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)

Couldn't find a thread for this.

So anyway, the European release date for Paper Mario on the 3DS is going to be 7th December (11th November for U.S.)

Trailer:

Finally something to pick up for my 3DS.

Picking up a 3DS is starting to look like a more appealing prospect. I just hope this Paper Mario sits closer to The Thousand Year Door than Super Paper Mario.

Comment

Eurogamer review is out, 7/10.

Nintendo's Paper Mario series plays with Mario as icon, and delivers one of the finest visual experiences on 3DS. But is it a great Mario game?

Some picks from the review:

"Matched up to Intelligent Systems' most visually brilliant take on the paper Mushroom Kingdom yet, this is one of the wittiest and most surreal Mario games in years."

"First things first - Sticker Star is so good-looking that it validates owning a 3DS. The aesthetic is a straight descendant of the previous Paper Mario games but is utterly transformed by 3D and, beyond even that, its masterfully controlled camera."

"At one point, Birdo swings in and out of the screen while singing a little ditty about how it doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman."

On the negative side:

-they say battles are too easy.
      -stickers are usable only once, so you have to search for them to solve puzzles or defeat bosses if you have run out
      -no leveling up defeats the purpose of most fights?

Definitely going to pick this up just for the quirkiness and humour.

Edit: Watched the Gametrailers review for this and it gave some more clarity to the game. Apparently instead of experience points the focus is on collecting coins which you then use to purchase more (and better) stickers. Money is also needed for some special attacks. The enemies also drop the more powerful stickers so that's your motivation for fighting.
      Last edited by Guts; 13-11-2012, 13:46.

Comment

My copy should be in my postbox later today.

Comment

If you don't mind posting some first impressions, I'd like to hear them, Kryss.

Comment

Decent review from Edge

I've loved all the Paper Mario games. Sorely tempted to pick up another 3DS just for this.

Comment

Mine is away for christmas...While technically sat unplayed in my NA-3DS.

Comment

I'm still waiting for mine,shopto dispatched mine on 4th December bloody Xmas post

Comment

Working...
                X