No announcement yet.

Wii U- worst launch line up ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, it says a lot that I had to check the first post to find out what the launch games actually are.

It's not a bad lineup quality-wise, but no compelling reasons to invest in new hardware.

Comment

I think its no better or worse than most console launches . The disappointing thing is the amount of ports and where they'll hardy be any better than the 360 or PS3 versions

Comment

Weird, i don't remember the launch lineups of either the Wii or the DS been terrible there was a stack of games that i wanted for both on launch. Don't know what the western launches were like but i never felt like they were terrible in Japan.

The only 2 launch lineups that are poor are the 3DS & now the WiiU, even now im still struggling to find much i want to play on 3DS the WiiU lineup looks totally uninspiring theres literally no game i would buy one for in the launch list.

Comment

There is one single launch game I would be happy to drop money on the console for, it's not even listed above!
          Rayman Legends, Origins was fantastic and when I heard this had Wii U exclusivity (timed or not) didn't matter, I want to play it.
          I'm seriously still tempted by it.

Comment

I disagree with those people saying the Gamecube launch was as weak, Super Monkey Ball for example was a modern platforming masterpiece. Even EDGE rated it as one of the 10 best platformers ever in issue 200.

Comment

I wonder if many don't consider Monkey Ball to be a 'proper game'.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                I wonder if many don't consider Monkey Ball to be a 'proper game'.
                I consider it the best launch game on the Cube and one of the best games ever made myself .

Comment

Yeah. Why would anybody not consider it a proper game?

Comment

Cube launch was all about Rogue Leader, that game looked and sounded like it came from the future.
                    You demo'd that game you sold a gamecube. Luigi's Mansion and Monkey Ball were solid for me.
                    3 great titles to launch with.
                    What's the best number of quality titles to launch with?
                    2-3 solid games are enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                      Yeah. Why would anybody not consider it a proper game?
                      Because of the amount of people that say the cube had a rubbish launch would suggest that.

Comment

I'd think Luigi's Mansion would be the subject of more scorn than Monkey Ball.

Comment

And even then, it's looked back on fondly.

I had Monkey Ball and Wave Race, i was actually kinda dissappointed with those games. But within a couple of months I had Rogue Leader, Tony Hawks 3 and Smash Brothers Melee, so all was good again.

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS-3 View Post
                            I disagree with those people saying the Gamecube launch was as weak, Super Monkey Ball for example was a modern platforming masterpiece. Even EDGE rated it as one of the 10 best platformers ever in issue 200.
                            Best game released on the console for me...still play the multiplayer modes occasionally now. Landing on the tiny island in monkey target to snatch victory by 10 on your last go is gaming perfection! Plus now our gatherings have kids around everyone can play together!

You would have thought Nintendo would have had a big game out on release that gets across how "amazing" the new controller is to make you want one?? Zombi U looks pure novelty imo

*edit* Rogue Leader + finding out about the US/JPN region switch mod is what got me to buy one at the time though. Monkey Ball was a bundle game I ignored for weeks!!
                            Last edited by BaronSqwelch; 07-10-2012, 12:43.

Comment

Monkey Ball Jr. Now there is an impressive game.

Comment

Wii U launches with Monster Hunter Tri G HD here which makes it a mandatory day one purchase for me. If I was someone back home in the UK who already has a PS3 & 360 then I could see why you would be disappointed by the launch lineup but right now I'm pretty damn hyped for it and judging by the fact that the Tri G bundle sold out in less than 5 minutes on Amazon.jp I think it's safe to say I'm not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X