Disgaea Dimension 2 [PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgaea Dimension 2 [PS3]

Nippon Ichi will publish a new Disgaea game on March 20, 2013 in Japan.
    Unlike the previous sequels, Disgaea D2 will continue the story of the first game. Screenshots haven't been released yet but NI showed off the redrawn sprites of Laharl, Flonne and Etna.
    There will be a special edition for 10,800yen with an art book, soundtrack CD, Flonne and Etna figures, and a code for the three main characters in their classic costumes. The regular edition will cost "only" 7140yen.
    Some photos of the press conference @4Gamer.

Lord give me strength, i'll need it to not get caught up kn the charms of the special edition.

Comment

I'll skip this altogether. I've spent a lot of time on Disgaea and Phantom Brave (I guess 600hrs between the two), but only played an handful of hours in Disgaea 2 and Makai Kingdom; probably haven't even played an hour of D3 and ignored D4. Sure, Etna and Flonne figures sound tempting but it's a game I won't play...unless they shift from power levelling to strategy, which is unlikely to happen as everyone wants 999k damage from Nippon Ichi games.

Comment

Dengeki specified that Disgaea D2 is not Disgaea 5, as Disgaea 5 is already in development, but part of the "Disgaea Dimension" series, which will probably feature direct sequel to the "normal" Disgaea games.

Oookay?

Comment

Some scans @ The Magic Box.

Comment

Trailer:

Comment

Announced for North America.
              Trailer @ Siliconera.

Comment

If it doesn't feature sardines I will be happy

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  If it doesn't feature sardines I will be happy
                  I haven't played disgaea since getting slightly too obsessed with training the perfect prinny squad in no one, so I've obviously missed something regarding sardines?

Comment

Flonnezilla.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      I haven't played disgaea since getting slightly too obsessed with training the perfect prinny squad in no one, so I've obviously missed something regarding sardines?
                      In Disgaea 4, the main character Valvatorez is obsessed with sardines as an alternative to drinking human blood (sorry missed the question when it was originally posted).

Good news is there is now a release date for Disgaea D2 in Europe and that is Sept 27th.

Comment

My EU release of "Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness" arrived from Amazon this morning.

The grinding is of course in evidence. I had to do some to complete one of the first chapter maps as there seemed to be quite a jump in enemy level (though it seemed lower on subsequent maps).

The game seems to have been streamlined a bit since Disgaea 3 and 4. Some of the featured from those are present, and some new ideas.

There is a "Cheat Room" where you can adjust particular items you receive in game, such as Exp, Mana etc. At the moment it seems to be a maximum 10% reduction on any item to boost others. As money never seems to be a huge issue I reduced that to 90% and increase the other stats slightly.

There is now an Autosave option (if you want it) which makes the game do a save after every map. Very useful after that sudden jump in enemy strength.

I have yet to complete the first chapter, so I am still just gathering impressions.

I must admit to being relieved it came this morning, as I have abandoned GTA V until the disappearing cars problem has been resolved (my count is four at the moment).

Back to the game...

Comment

Working...
                        X