Microsoft Links 2004 Xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Links 2004 Xbox

I just noticed mine has shipped from DVDBO - is anyone else looking forward to online golf in live? I can't wait!

Neil.

waiting for the PAL version but i have sampled this one for a few days now and its fooking great - beats Tiger Woods down into 2nd place in my book now (on Xbox at least). similar control scheme to tiger woods except you now have a power bar guide and a very good putting system (compared to Tiger woods '2 clicks up or down for 1 foot but 1 click left or right could mean 1 inch or 4 inches')

will give some more impressions later

Comment

I can't believe how goods Tiger Woods is after picking it up from somebody on the trading forum last week. What makes Links a better game other than what you have mentioned. Intially I hated the putting sytem in Woods but have now got it sussed. Mario Golf hasn't been touched in a long time that's for sure.

Tiger is the best golf game I've played since PGA Tour on the Amiga.

Comment

its better than tiger woods due to the fact that it takes everything that is good about tw2k4 and either matches it in quality or improves upon it - it takes the swing mechanics and improves them by adding a power guide, it improves on the putting by adding a 'follow the putt' button that helps you suss out the 'break' of the green, and an aiming reticle which works perfectly well, the graphics are on a par if not better than tw - the detail of the players is spot on (i was using sergio garcia and the likeness was superb) - i could go on and on and on

it looks to me as though MS Game Studios have looked at the last iteration of the TW franchise and worked out how to keep the flow of the game whilst improving it - throw in online play (which i haven't as yet sampled) and they have a sure fire winner

camps

Comment

I had a suspicion this was going to be a bit special, so I held off both mario Golf and Tiger Woods for this. MS game studios seem to be on fire at the moment. Thanks for the impressions Camps.

Too....Many....Great....Games.... .

Mine hasn't shipped though, but Top Spin just arrived today to keep me busy .

Comment

brats you will see links on saturday if yours hasnt arrived

camps

Comment

Working...
            X