XBox SmartGlass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBox SmartGlass

Yeah, consider this the thread for everything SmartGlass related.

I'm having trouble actually getting it work. Have inputted my correct Microsoft Account on the iPad, made sure that SmartGlass is enabled on my box, and even made sure that devices are on the same network (though that shouldn't actually be necessary). I hit "Sign in" on SmartGlass. "Signing in..." "Connecting to XBox..." The last message lasts a little while, until it tells "Please check your network settings and try again". And if I want to try another login (though I know this is the right one), I can't do that from within the app, as the only option there is "Sign in", which only resets the entire process. I need to kill the app from the app-switching menu on the iPad.

Level of impression: 1 out of 10 Doritos

I have to confess, I have no idea what "smart glass" is or what it does. There I said it.

Comment

It's all a bit vague I agree. I doubt I'll use it much, but need to try every new exciting feature at least once. So far all I know is possible is to navigate the dash, and control IE9, everything else seems to be game dependant. Halo 4 supposedly has a feature for it.

Comment

Halo 4 has Waypoint connectivity via smartglass.
        Forza Horizon has a live map, shows via smartglass.
        Dance Central 3 has some DJ thang.
        Some apps have smartglass features now, display info whilst you stream content.

Comment

What's smartglass? Is it some new touch fondleslab thing that lets you play another game while you play the game?

Comment

It's an app that allows you to connect smartphones or tablets to the 360 to control the dash or use 'second screen' functionality. Like showing your map on there while you play

Comment

Microsoft Wii U Too

Comment

It actually works rather well and to be honest I've needed it for Forza. Playing with a wheel it's impossible to navigate the map using the wheel controls but with this on my iPhone I'm able to pick up the phone pinch and zoom through the world map and instantly set waypoints which then appear instantly onscreen. Genius!!

Halo stuff is quite nice as well.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                  Playing with a wheel it's impossible to navigate the map using the wheel controls but with this on my iPhone I'm able to pick up the phone pinch and zoom through the world map and instantly set waypoints which then appear instantly onscreen.
                  That sounds all kinds of badass. I've often got my iPad doing various game-related tasks sat next to me, either taking notes or having an online map loaded up - but having them actually interact with one another sounds very nice. Now I'm imagining having a fighting game with an interactive moves list on my iPad that changes automatically based on my character selection, and getting a little bit over-stimulated.

Can't wait to get my consoles set back up and give it a try - might grab Halo just for this purpose!

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                    It actually works rather well and to be honest I've needed it for Forza. Playing with a wheel it's impossible to navigate the map using the wheel controls but with this on my iPhone I'm able to pick up the phone pinch and zoom through the world map and instantly set waypoints which then appear instantly onscreen. Genius!!

Halo stuff is quite nice as well.
                    You shouldn't be using your phone while driving!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      You shouldn't be using your phone while driving!
                      Xbox SmartAss.

Comment

I had no idea what Smart Glass was but after reading this thread I've just downloaded it. Going to give it a try with Forza 4 tomorrow. I'm off to bed now.

Comment

I was really impressed with it actually, especially for Xbox IE which is otherwise dreadful. Your phone becomes a trackpad and it's surprisingly responsive.

The whole new xbox dash makes more sense when using smartglass as you can get around so much quicker....however since testing it the first time I've not bothered trying it again. Will try with Halo4 though!

Comment

SmartGlass. Or as I've always called it "Remote Desktop" lol. Fair enough though, Apple are masters of taking existing tech and giving it their own fancy name e.g. firewire so no reason for MS not to have a go!

Comment

This is something that is actually useful. Pretentious name but works well.
                              The scope for active content is massive and erodes another Wii-U USP.

Comment

Working...
                              X