Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been playing the God of War collection on Vita. Played through the first and enjoyed it. The second looks so much better and has looks of cool stuff but does suffer a bit from repetition of sections. Still fun.

But around five hours into the second, the music really began to grate. Constant blaring at me, all sounding the same, totally relentless. Turns out it was a bug and it got stuck on some combat music really early on. Shutting it down and restarting sorted it. Wish I'd realised sooner - it was really annoying.

Comment

I'll enter the new year working through:

-A last revisit of the multiplayer on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
      -Rainbow Six: Siege
      -Battlefield 4
      -Alan Wake
      -Forza Horizon

Comment

EDF 4.1 as usual, now passed 200 hours.
        still impressed at how some of the levels are modded and introduce 'special' enemies in Hardest and Inferno, but L79 goes one further and gets an additional wave on Inferno v Hardest.

Also been playing Madden 2016 which I won (thanks charlesr). Overall very impressed. Never played an American Footy game since TV Sports on the Amiga.
        Graphics are incredible and the game features a good tutorial including a new one ‘Help I've never played Madden before’.
        There is a lot to learn but being able to tweak virtually every attribute for the CPU (tackling ability, catching etc) means you can really grow with the game. The last FIFA I bought was 2010 WC and the difficulty setting was basic - perhaps this has now changed.

It's not all great though, loooaaadiiiiinnnng times can be a pain particularly the training mode and the really good presentation can seem a bit bloated and would be great to turn it off as sometimes it seems I'm pressing 'x' a few times just to get to the next play.
        Oh and no manual! Stupid!

Really enjoying it and it's great to see the 49ers actually winning this season!

Forgot, last week had an urge to play Super Stardust HD on PS3, nice 37.5m score,
        Last edited by Anpanman; 28-12-2015, 11:32.

Comment

Been playing

Grim dawn for the PC which is now content complete though will not be out of early access till feb due to polishing and bug fixing. Great fun game if you like the more old school Diablo style games.

Xenoblade chronicles X. Not a bad game but can get quite annoying especially with the combat as it reminded me of Final Fantasy XIII where you cannot control team mates and not being able to manually heal and feels like much of the battle is not in my control.

Comment

Satellite Reign on PC/Steam.

Syndicate for a modern age. Great game so far with fantastic visuals that still remain faithful to the look of syndicate. ?7 in steam sale no brainer, probably would have paid full price if i'd discovered this sooner.

Comment

Hadn't fired up the J360 in a while and then blew my mind wide open over the past few days with a couple of top quality shmup sessions. Started with Bullet Soul and Eschatos on Boxing Day ... then today came the main course: RFA followed by Mushi Futari Black Label followed by Mushi HD 1.5. Wow, three of the best for sure.

I come back to these games time and time again. They were by far the most exciting thing about the last generation and they push all the right buttons every time I play them.

Comment

At the moment:

-Comic Jumper
                -Forza Horizon 2: 360 Edition
                -D4
                -Alien Isolation

Comment

Enjoyed using these extended weekends to get some gaming in. Been playing a mix of:

Blazblue: Chronophantasma Extend
                  Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
                  Ori & the Blind Forest
                  VF5: Final Showdown
                  Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
                  Killer Instinct Season 2

among other games here and there.

Comment

Just finished God of War 2. Making a list, it would be better than the original in every way but the overall experience doesn't feel quite as rewarding for whatever reason. Still enjoyed it.

Comment

Getting to the nitty gritty now on EDF4.1, not that many levels to clear on Hardest and Inferno.

Madden 2016 is ace, 49ers just won the Superbowl!

Comment

Just MGS5 for me. I hit a big slump on it shortly after it came out but I really got into it a short while ago. Now at 92 hours, story complete and I'm still loving it. I think I'll give it a rest very soon but it's a superb game - just a shame that it isn't properly finished in many ways.

Comment

Final Fantasy VII (Steam, with Reunion/re-translation patch).
                          Crimzon Clover
                          Batman: Arkham Asylum (surprised at how good this is, and how well my laptop runs it)
                          Civ V
                          Burnout Paradise
                          Supreme Commander
                          Raiden IV

Comment

The Swapper on WiiU
                            Elite : Dangerous on PC

Thoroughly enjoying both

Comment

Ori and the Blind Forest - great game - but pretty sure it's causing my xbox One to crash on a regular basis

Comment

Turns out my tiny Asus Transformer laptop can run some older games okay, so I've been playing some h'original 90s games, but mainly Roller Coaster Tycoon. I did one level and everybody kept getting lost, so I started again and built all the rides in about 5% of the total park. It's going to be close, but I should make the target park rating and guest requirements.

More Lego Marvel Superheroes with my son. Just going over the levels to mop up all the remaining bricks and characters. Gotta catch 'em all!

Comment

Working...
                                X