Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the crappy framerate. I think it's the post processor I'm using to emulate the look of an RGB monitor. The next vid I do will be recorded bare bones.

Here's how clear it looks usually:

Comment

Mainly Nintendo stuff of late.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Wow, the music in the Eastern Palace is so good to hear again

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. I loved these levels in SM3DW (almost like a Marble Madness maze quality to them) but they're going to have to be even more creative to justify the standalone game. Only a little way in so far.

Splatoon. One I bought for the boys this, but they've moved on from my Wii U to tax other consoles. Gave it a go for the first time this morning and it's loads of fun. Dead easy to get into, plenty of scope for customisation, friendly and intense at the same time, and very addictive. Great game.
      Last edited by Atticus; 24-01-2016, 13:34.

Comment

Tried to get back into Infinite Space on a train journey, but I can't remember what I'm doing and the game provides no clues. So I spent about 45 minutes trundling around the solar system getting precisely nowhere and doing a few random battles. Hrrm.

Another longish journey meant I got in a nice session on Neo Turf Masters on my phone. I bought a NeoGeo emulator just to play this on the move a couple of years back (it's the only NeoGeo game that works on a touchscreen really). Always such a solid, enjoyable game of golf with charming graphics and sound. I won too, which rarely happens!

I also did another level of Project Zero 5 - enjoying trundling through this one, it's pleasingly old school. It has major issues though - the handholding is absurd, the game does not want you to miss a single inconsequential item! Considering how linear it is it's completley unnecessary.

The combat is fun, but janky. Fighting several ghosts in a small room is an exercise in frustration thanks to the glacial turning speed of the player characters. When you're nailing one Fatal Frame after another it is very satisfying though, and I love the J-horror trappings.

I also played a couple of hours of Transformers Devastation at a mate's. What a fun game! Love the Bayonetta gameplay blended with the feeling of playing an episode of the original Transformers cartoon. They really nailed the look and feel for me - from the aesthetics to the cutscenes and dialogue, it's really well executed.

Comment

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition (PS4)
          Journey (PS4)
          Geometry Wars 3 (PS4)

Comment

Zen Monkey, give us your impressions of the games!

Comment

I have been playing a lot of the Star Wars Zen Pinball tables. Some of them are really excellent and enough choice and variety that I'm guessing different people would find different favourites. I really like the star fighter assault one, Return of the Jedi and Masters of the Force in particular. Whereas I don't get on with the Boba Fett table or Clone Wars table at all. Too busy, I reckon.

But now there are two Force Awakens tables. The First Order table, I love. It's a neat table, nicely contained and clear with some fun tricks. Liking the other one (general Force Awakens) but not quite finding the same fun in it yet. The only downside to both tables is that, for some inexplicable reason, they don't have music from The Force Awakens. Seems like a big miss.

Comment

All EDF4.1 this weekend, and now up to mission 32 on normal as a ranger. Tending towards a shotgun/impact grenade launcher, but prefer a high-damage sniper rifle for hectors.

Comment

Back on Gears of War 3 last night. That Lambent Beserker thingy is a bit tough! And a bit of Canabalt on the Apple TV. I know it's been around a while but it one of those simple pick up and play games that has bags of replayability.

Comment

Well i finshed Xenoblade X recently, at the moment I'm playing Metal Gear Online. It is quite fun, despite having a few issues, like no dedicated servers, lag, rage quitters aso.

Comment

Xeodrifter.

Quite a decent little Metroid-inspired caper that came free with PS+ a while back. It's not exactly Axiom Verge but it's not too shabby and quite cute. Haven't got mental energy for anything more demanding at the mo.

Comment

Dragon's Dogma

Comment

Originally posted by Cornflakes View Post
                          Well i finshed Xenoblade X recently, at the moment I'm playing Metal Gear Online. It is quite fun, despite having a few issues, like no dedicated servers, lag, rage quitters aso.
                          How many hours did you clock on Xeno X by the end?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            How many hours did you clock on Xeno X by the end?
                            200h, but i gave up on grinding character affinity for a few characters.
                            I would say, if you focus only on the bare minimum, 80-100h sounds about right just for the story missions, and anything tied to it.
                            On the other hand, if you want to 100% the game, it would take more that 250h i would say. There are a few mission that unlock once you finish the story, plus you have the multiplayer bits and challenges.. so techincally you can spend a lots of time playing it.

Comment

Still doing Wolfenstein 3D on the original Xbox but just started XB360 Dead Space 2. Enjoying it just as much as the first game so far but really annoyed with myself - it actually made me jump at one point. Usually my pulse rarely rises in survival horror games now.

I find it very odd when I read or hear some adult gamers saying they have to give up playing certain games because they're too frightening. I crave that sort of level of emotional response but familarity with the genre and its cliches has long dulled its effect on me. But not sound scares, they work because you don't know they're coming. In this case it happened as I moved through a dark area, suddenly three vents banged open and shot a load of steam into the room.

It is always the noises that get me in games like this - first experienced when the dogs crashed though the windows in RE2, now the perfect example of that survival horror cliche. But it still makes you jump and the adrenaline pump more than any crazed, grotesque beast some design team has spent many hours creating chasing you around a room.
                              Last edited by fallenangle; 27-01-2016, 02:03.

Comment

Having finished up on Rainbow Six: Siege I've just had a final full night of Battlefield 4 too. Really enjoyed it and thankfully got onto several of the maps I prefer but though having only spent what is to the community lightweight hours on it (132hrs) I know if I stick at it I'll dampen my excitement for Battlefield 5 later in the year. 2+yrs is good innings so tomorrow a tad bit of Battlefront and then it'll be delving fully into Black Ops 3 finally just as Map Pack 1 hits.

Comment

Working...
                                X