Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been playing The Witcher 2 on the Xbox one via BC. Bloody addictive.

Comment

Not amused at the battlefront January nerf-herding.
      Spent the evening on Minecraft instead

Comment

Absolutely loving Kid Icarus on 3DS this week

Comment

Guitar Hero, with the new cheaper price i felt i wanted to jump back on board the plastic controller music game. And it really good, the FMV when you a chance to in the corner of your eye during some easy parts or during a guitar break really makes me feel part of a beloved band in front of large crowd and the new guitar lay out just works so well making it almost feel like holding frets when they mix up the upper and lower buttons together.

As for the music in the FMV section its all covers, the bands are all generic this is Blink 182, this Florence'n'the'Machine etc, etc and it so over the top during the setups at the start and breaks between songs it makes me laugh, the music is all indie/Alt/Pop/Rock so no classics from the best of the 80's hair/heavy metal (Ratt, Warrant, etc,etc) which you have to go in to the online mode to find, so far about 200+ music videos to play which still works, you just join in on a youtube like genre channel which changes up every 2 hrs playing whatever on the track list next. Playing earns a good amount of game currency to buy plays of any song you want (along with being able to pay really money).

Comment

Had a 11km run this morning and sorted out the house while my wife is at work so treated myself to a few hours on Forza 6 this afternoon and still in love with the game. Going to try and complete the design for my 4th proper level on Mario Maker this evening but before I do, I noticed Soul Calibur has been made backwards compatible on Xbox One so download it and loved playing it again.

It still looks beautiful, plays smoothly and was one of the last few 1 on 1 fighters released before I kind of stopped caring about the genre as a whole. Tekken 5 and Virtua Fighter 5 being the exceptions.

Soul Calibur still looks fantastic, I continue to adore the Dreamcast look and feel, clean textures, bright lighting and great 3D modelling.

I'm so happy both the Xbox One and PS4 allow screenshots as standard!

Comment

I've been playing the Division beta on XBone and it does look like it has so much in it given the limited play area of the beta. The level of detail is impressive if a little disappointing in the lack on interactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                I'm so happy both the Xbox One and PS4 allow screenshots as standard!
                So does the WiiU. There's a web app for it which uploads screens to tumblr (native res), Facebook, and Twitter.

Open your browser ingame and search for "WiiU image share".

Another vote for KoF here. 97-99 being the peak era.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                  Absolutely loving Kid Icarus on 3DS this week
                  That game really made my hand hurt. I wanted to get to the end all the quicker due to that.

I've been playing Bloodborne.

Comment

Madden 2016.

Doing a season as New Orleans. Totally different experience to San Fran. Getting to grips with all the extra features. I moaned a bit about the presentation but have got so much into it I tend to watch it all.

Also putting time into EDF, got a few more Inferno levels done, not that many left but they are super hard.
                    Last edited by Anpanman; 31-01-2016, 21:36.

Comment

Mainly been playing Transformers Devastation. Haven't had as much chance as I would have liked to spend with this since it launched, so will being rectifying this in the near future. I could sit and listen to the transforming sound effect by itself all day; the fact that it's attached to another quality P* game makes it all the better.

Also had a few games on Killer Instinct and Streets of Rage 2. Really impressed with the 3DS port of the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                        Also putting time into EDF, got a few more Inferno levels done, not that many left but they are super hard.
                        Are you playing co-op? Are there many people playing it still? I'd imagine the inferno levels without chums would be impossible!

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
                        Mainly been playing Transformers Devastation. Haven't had as much chance as I would have liked to spend with this since it launched, so will being rectifying this in the near future. I could sit and listen to the transforming sound effect by itself all day; the fact that it's attached to another quality P* game makes it all the better.
                        Heh, yeah, I did that for far too long when I first played it!

I got back into GTA V the last couple of days. I was going to start investing in the stock markets before the assassination missions, but you know how GTA is...
                        I got tasered and left on train tracks, I helped a convict escape, I rescued a bride from her wedding, I helped a biker get back to a bar and started picking up the 50 UFO parts.

Jeez Louise, this is an astonishing masterpiece of modern gaming. I'm not talking about the puerile plot and characters, I'm talking about the game engine. Even on 360 it's beautiful. So many moments that just gorgeous.
                        The bright moon lighting the clouds. The ripples of the waves. The sand on the beach blowing as you land a helicopter on it. The little dots of traffic when you're airborne, turning to actual cars as you get close. The dozens of beautiful houses that serve no function but to add life to the city. The lens flare as the orange sun sinks over the horizon.

Just incredible.

Comment

I have gone back to playing Organ Trail on my iPad. I don't even know why I love this game so much. It's mostly the same thing each time but I love it.

Comment

GTA 5 is simply awesome. I like the plot and characters too! They always get a load of stick on here but I'm not sure why. They're much more interesting than the ones you find in many other games - for me, at least.

Not had as much time for gaming recently as I'd like - still playing Project Zero 5 on WiiU. It's an awkward, plodding game in many ways, but it's really grown on me. It takes a good while to get going, but it really steps up around the sixth mission both in terms of gameplay and story. It's still never THAT good - very much a cheesy B-game - but an enjoyable, slow-paced adventure for fans of Japanese horror and more ponderous game pacing.

Looking to finish that one at the weekend, then I think I'll be getting back into Yakuza 3 on PS3 to finish that one off. Can't wait for Firewatch next week either, but I'm not expecting that to be a particularly long game (and I think those narrative driven walking games benefit from marathon weekend play sessions to keep the momentum up on the story).

Something I'm also really looking forward to is Blood and Stone, Witcher 3's expansion. I'm saving the smaller, already released expansion to play alongside it as one big chunk of content. I adored Witcher 3 and can't wait to re-enter its world for another 50 hours of gameplay.

Comment

Made myself sit down and really focus on Alien Isolation. Thankfully it worked as I was at a point where the game pulls back a little on the creature itself to allow myself to get settled i again. I figure I'm about halfway through so still a way to go.

Comment

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition (PS4) is consuming all my gaming time of late.

Comment

Working...
                                X