This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It got to the point where I thought "Can I be arsed with this?"

How bad is that, that I nearly abandoned the game because it was more hassle than it was worth?
    I understand the logic of quicksaves removing tension and, in this case, going to the hospital makes more sense narratively, but it's a game and I should be able to play it how I want. Missions should have checkpoints, but just messing around shouldn't remove your choice.

With a team as skilled as the ones on GTA 5, how hard is it to add a choice "WASTED! Press A to continue, B to load last save or Y to select a different load point"? Poor form, Rockstar. Poor form!

Comment

Back on Xenoblade Chronicles X, setting up probes randomly and then being asked to.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
        That's interesting, Darryl. I haven't played it. Is this the PS4 version or PC. I'm wondering if the console versions were patched up as much, to get to a more finished state?
        PS4. It's not even that great a game. I've just decided that I will do everything possible before I shelve it forever.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Fallout 4 has had me hooked since November, and I had been playing it exclusively till yesterday; when I decided to start playing Final Fantasy 8 on the ps1. I've been meaning to finally complete it, as the last time I played it, about 15 years ago, I only got to the end of disc 1.

Fallout 4 was starting to get repetitive and frustrating, but I will finish that after a I've had my fill of FF8.

I had to go round the houses to get my original release pal copy of FF8 to work. Stupid PS3 does not play FF8 for some reason and my PS1 is no longer operational, so had to rely on my trusty ps2. Boy do PS1 games look ropey on a HD screen. A lot of faff, so the game best have a good storyline after 15 years!

Comment

Flipping between Dying Light, Forza 6 and Fifa 16 at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              Wools, any chance you can stop writing brought when you mean bought? It makes me flinch every time you do it in your posts.
              I'm not promising anything unfortunately!

Comment

Finished XB360 Dead Space 2 on survivalist difficulty. Just like the first Dead Space a really good modern survival horror game. However I did find the last few areas prior to the 'boss' fight a bit of a repetitive slog, particularly the RE3 Nemesis alike element. Never enjoyed that game but in the case of Dead Space 2 it didn't take the shine off the overall experience.

Only downer for me was no controller mapping: the guys who designed the default controls need a good slap for assigning quick medi-pack use to the same button (B) as the telekinesis ability: hold left trigger + (B). The number of the rare/expensive medi-packs I wasted when trying to throw stuff at enemies in intense close quarter fights must have run into double figures during the game.

Comment

I got the platinum for Watch_Dogs earlier. I've just started Gravity Daze.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Uncharted collection, Captain Toad and Resi HD remake. Determined to finally finish a Resi game for once.

Comment

Done my first few trips in American Truck Simulator, man this game is gnarly cranking through the 18 gears on the open road. All I need now is a steering wheel and a cowboy hat to complete the dream.

Comment

Messing around with Grip, the Rollcage successor. It has potential and looks pretty nice but I'm not convinced of the handling model and physics at all yet, they need work whilst it's in Early Access.

Comment

Killer instinct ...though just for fun rather then trying to get good at the game as with the balance patch coming would seem pointless to.

Diablo 3: seasons have more of a use now but still i think they need more and done most of the missions

Elite: dangerous: I have put some time into it but it does feel like it takes a long time to get into and trade runs seem to take a long time.

Grim dawn : it is now complete as such and have completed the game though the end was a bit anti climatic

Comment

I've got more games on the go after this weekend than I have had at any point in the last three or four years!

Firstly, still on the PS3 - Devil May Cry 3 HD. Just got to finish off DMD mode with Vergil. I already sweated blood to do it the pure way with Dante, and I did the same with Vergil many years ago, so I opted to use Super Vergil and just try to enjoy myself. Got up to the halfway mark before the PS3 got relegated to the back room and it's place was taken by a PS4. I will continue with it, but it's bumped down the priorities a bit.

On the PS4: Lego Dimensions. Just an upgrade from my ongoing PS3 game, but I started from scratch. It looks so much better on this system it's ridiculous. Something about the design of the game made it look rough on the PS3... maybe just the nature of all those straight clean edges but the higher res of the PS4 is breathtaking in comparison. I'm glad I saved much of the game for the PS4. Only sad thing is I'm back down to one controller and my daughter wanted to play with me

Final Fantasy VII on the PS4. At first, I was really pleased with how fresh and clean it all looked. And being able to play remotely on the Vita was a real blessing, so that's what I did. Went back to it on the big TV last night and noticed just how murky and blurred the backdrops are - particularly the train graveyard in sector 7. The couple of engines that are animated stuck out so clearly next to the scenery versions, it never looked so conspicuous on the original. Makes me sad for the loss of CRT. Also sad that the impending remake won't just freshen up the backgrounds. So I think I will actually be happier playing this via remote play. The trophies are nice, I have played FF7 countless times over the years, but I have never once in any playthrough set out to get a date with Barret, so they are bringing some new angles to the game (even if most of them are things I would have done anyway).

Also got Tearaway Unfolded waiting, but again I think that will be primarily a remote play experience - my daughter likes to go to sleep on my shoulder while watching me play "Iota's game" and I've completed the Vita one about 10 times consecutively for her sake, so if it works remotely that's what I will do. I'm expecting there to be some snags with how it uses the hardware though.

Guitar Freaks is close to getting packed away for the first time in a year. Don't have the game time to keep my hand in.

I feel pretty sad about leaving the PS3 to be honest, still got a lot of unfinished business there. I never did get the platinum on MGS4, won't be truly satisfied until I do. Nor did I ever play the Dark Souls DLC, or hit the 2,000,000 points in Afterburner Climax for the final ex-option unlock. Hmmm... What have I done...
                            Last edited by Darwock; 08-02-2016, 06:44.

Comment

No need to leave behind the PS3 forever. I keep my PS4 and WiiU plugged in at all times, and rotate other machines. Currently got the Saturn hooked up but thinking of swapping it out for the PS3 to finish Yakuza 3 after hitting a slump on it last year.

And after that, I may well switch it for the PS2 to play some OR2 SP!

Comment

Really not sure what to focus on next, my interest in diving into Fallout 4 is rising but not quite there yet. I'll likely knock about with Beam.N.G for an hour tonight but I'm thinking it might be time to roll through either Just Cause 3 or Assassins Creed Syndicate

Comment

Working...
                                X