This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aticatac View Post
    Manhunt PS2,never played it back in the day so i am having a go to see what all the fuss is about.
    I really enjoyed it when I played it. I thought it had a really creepy vibe to it, similar to a John Carpenter film.
    I guess when you think about it, it's just a fancy upgrade of Pac-Man!

I've been playing Tomb Raider Anniversary after picking up the HD Trilogy (thanks for the suggestion, Shozuki! ).
    I'm really enjoying it and it's bringing back a lot of memories of the first game, but I swear they've changed bits. Was there a grappling hook in the PS1 version? I know the Damocles room is different too, oh and that Dino battle now has extra combat elements. No matter, I've been loving it. I prefer the bits without gunplay, to be honest, but I guess shotgunning a gorilla in his curmdgeoning primate face mixes it up a bit.

I've also been playing the New Vegas DLC, Dead Money, which is very different from the main game and a decent challenge.

I picked up Max Payne 3 in the Live sale and had a quick go last night, and as Ikobo says, there's a LOT of cutscenes!
    I did smile in the club scene where you crash through the window in slow-motion from the VIP room and try to take the perps out below. Very cinematic! I think the fancy video effects in the cutscenes are going to give me a headache though

Finally, courtesy of Elaniel's Blueroom giveaway, I've been playing Crysis 1 and I love the supersoldier suit. I much prefer the tropical island setting over the sequel's NYC.

I'm a soldier who's just survived jumping out of a plane, landed on a desert island swarming with enemy soldiers and potentially an alien presence. What's the first thing I do when I made it to dry land? The very first thing?

I picked up a turtle and saw how far I could throw it!

Comment

PS3 Skylanders and Skyrim, talk about two different ends of the spectrum, and fully enjoying both.

Luckily I have a ten year old son so didn't get any funny looks when buying the extra couple of figures I needed for one in each class yesterday.

Comment

Gears of War 3 (10x xp event) - still love Horde on this but praying for a game where someone can help me limp up to level 50.
        Bulletstorm - Playing online with chunkykong and grinding, but it's got so many funny moments and it's immensely enjoyable.
        VF2 - xbla version, and it was great
        SSFiVAE - trials only until thumb strain kicked in
        ZUMA - xbla because I hate myself
        KOF XIII or whatever it's called. Suprise gem for me.. really like it

Comment

I've just been playing Tomb Raider and that's it

Comment

Had the week off this week, so I've managed to finish both Metal Gear Rising and Tomb Raider. I enjoyed Metal Gear much more than I thought, and Tomb Raider was fantastic!

Comment

This afternoon it been all about Dragon quest monsters battle road victory on the wii, i seriously never tire of this game. So many cards & effects to use when battling, the later bosses require some serious strategy to survive them.

The finishers are a treat to watch too, i mean just look at them they're awesome hehe

Comment

Been playing a lot of Nintendo 3DS lately. Finished Mario Kart and at the end of Mario 3D land.

Also been playing Pro Evo Soccer 3D on it. It plays and looks surprisingly good! It's like playing the old PS2 games in your hand and all the content and gameplay is still there plus Champions League mode. I actually prefer it to the PS3/360 version.

Comment

Mainly F-Zero GX. And Chessmaster. If I had a Gold sub I'd woulda played Team Fortress 2 too. But I don't. So I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    This afternoon it been all about Dragon quest monsters battle road victory on the wii, i seriously never tire of this game. So many cards & effects to use when battling, the later bosses require some serious strategy to survive them.

The finishers are a treat to watch too, i mean just look at them they're awesome hehe
                    That looks pretty sweet. Is it available on PAL?

Comment

Loads of stuff on the go at the moment:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D [3DS]
                      Fire Emblem Awakening [3DS]
                      New Super Mario Bros. U [WiiU]
                      FotNS: Ken's Rage 2 [WiiU]
                      Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [WiiU]

Also got Metal Gear Rising to play through, plenty to keep me busy over Easter

Comment

Kings Road - a great web based dungeon crawler. Really impressed so far.

Comment

Around halfway through Sleeping Dogs after an epic session on Saturday (got it via PS+). Really enjoying it - as GTA knock offs go it's a really decent one (I'm not a fan of the OTT nature of Saint's Row), and whole 'undercover cop' Donnie Brasco type element is really cool. Where do Wei's true loyalties lie?! Hong Kong as a location is great too - driving along the freeway over the sea at night feels awesome.

Also playing through LBP2 (again PS+) with the gf...I do like it and it's a great coop game, but I can't help but feel like I'd rather have a brilliantly crafted set of levels a la Mario, than a brilliant level creation kit with what feels a bit like a series of levels demoing what's possible with it. Also bought and played through the Cross-Controller pack, which was pretty cool, although I can't really see that many other devs bothering to take advantage of this technology. For one thing it took ages to transfer the 500MB app to the Vita, and I now have 500MB space taken up by something that I can only play when I'm at home with my PS3 on. Hmm...if Sony want this to work, the PS4 needs to have rapid and reliable Wii U style streaming. The CC DLC for LBP2 feels more like a proof of concept than anything else.

I also feel that having bought a PS3, a Vita, and a PS+ subscription, the Cross Controller DLC should at least be free as a good will gesture!

Comment

Around halfway through Sleeping Dogs after an epic session on Saturday (got it via PS+). Really enjoying it - as GTA knock offs go it's a really decent one (I'm not a fan of the OTT nature of Saint's Row), and whole 'undercover cop' Donnie Brasco type element is really cool. Where do Wei's true loyalties lie?! Hong Kong as a location is great too - driving along the freeway over the sea at night feels awesome.

Also playing through LBP2 (again PS+) with the gf...I do like it and it's a great coop game, but I can't help but feel like I'd rather have a brilliantly crafted set of levels a la Mario, than a brilliant level creation kit with what feels a bit like a series of levels demoing what's possible with it. Also bought and played through the Cross-Controller pack, which was pretty cool, although I can't really see that many other devs bothering to take advantage of this technology. For one thing it took ages to transfer the 500MB app to the Vita, and I now have 500MB space taken up by something that I can only play when I'm at home with my PS3 on. Hmm...if Sony want this to work, the PS4 needs to have rapid and reliable Wii U style streaming. The CC DLC for LBP2 feels more like a proof of concept than anything else.

I also feel that having bought a PS3, a Vita, and a PS+ subscription, the Cross Controller DLC should at least be free as a good will gesture!

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl
                            Kings Road - a great web based dungeon crawler. Really impressed so far.

First dungeon crawler to be set in Chelsea?

Comment

Bioshock Infinite
                              Loved it despite some unsureness at the early sections

Aliens Colonial Marines
                              Picked up cheap and even then it is truly an appaling game

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
                              Settling in and so far its pretty decent despite being pretty linear and in fuzzy old Cryengine 3

Spec Ops The Line
                              Replaying in short bursts thanks to PSN+

Lego City Undercover
                              Best Lego series game to date and a brilliant reminder of WiiU's appeal and Miiverse

Comment

I've only really been playing Dark Soul's and am loving it as of last night I have a pryo,knight and thief on the go still trying to work the right way to level and work out we're place the souls points. That is what I'm having fun with.

Comment

Working...
                                X