Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Props to you Datadave for working those hours and still being sentient.

I started on Gravity Rush 2 as I thought the servers were going offline next week. Turns it they're sticking around another half year which gives me more time to drill the online content.

Beyond that its been a little of SFV to accrue the FM. Otherwise I've continued through DQ Heroes in attempts to round the game out.

Comment

Not had much time this week so dipping into Sonic Mania, Dariusburst and Ghost Blade HD.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Props to you Datadave for working those hours and still being sentient.
        I had to throw the towel in an hour ago. I was staring directly at the client logo and forgetting who I was doing work for.

I want to go and chill. Went to see my son who's being very cute, but I just don't know what to do with him. DOn't really have the energy for any gaming.

Might try Switching it up whilst lying next to him in bed. Once he goes to sleep I'll go back to the living room and consume some strong beers.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          I had to throw the towel in an hour ago. I was staring directly at the client logo and forgetting who I was doing work for.

I want to go and chill. Went to see my son who's being very cute, but I just don't know what to do with him. DOn't really have the energy for any gaming.

Might try Switching it up whilst lying next to him in bed. Once he goes to sleep I'll go back to the living room and consume some strong beers.
          How’s the bvm hang’in, dave?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            How’s the bvm hang’in, dave?
            Great, thanks. Remember the red tally light issue when powering on without a source? Well it seems to be resolving itself after more and more use. I've got around a 10-12 second grace period now where "NO SYNC" is displayed lower-left before it creeps off and flips to the tally. I'll likely want it looking at at some point, still. I imagine it must've sat there for years without any use.

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            He's off the Skooma now, but I can see another opportunity for it to creep back in very soon if I can't kill the sodding dragon I'm stuck on.
            The dragon went down, and without Skooma. Unfortunately at that point Delphine, the main quest NPC, completely vanished. I couldn't even teleport her to me using the in-game console, so I had to recreate her manually and then teleport her to my location. I'd have been fisted on anything other than a PC.

Comment

Currently:

South Park: The Fractured But Whole
              Doesn't stand out as strong as a sequel mostly due to the nature of the visuals and location making it feel like more of an expansion than a fresh game but the more I've played the more I've been pulled back into its world and it's becoming increasingly compelling.

Starfox Zero
              Finally sat down with just the very beginning of the game and first impressions are weak. Hopefully as the game properly gets going it will improve as so far this is well below both Nintendo and Platinum's standards.

Comment

Persona 5. I picked it up on Friday and managed to fill 17 hours of game time over the weekend. Simply awesome - it takes about 10 hours to get going but now I'm totally hooked. They've significantly improved the dungeons versus the fourth game from what I've seen so far. Can't wait to play more.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Persona 5.
                  Y'know, I don't really know much about this.

So what is it?
                  /cat

Comment

It's a JRPG at heart, with turn based battles, dungeon crawling and loot. But what's unique about it is that it's also a lifesim - day by day you work through the calendar, going to school, doing part time jobs, trying to date girls, all sorts of normal high schooler stuff. But then you also enter a demon world via a portal with your best buds, where you battle using magical creatures called Personas, fighting the monster manifestations of real world characters' evil intentions!

Every game in the series is like that. It's a tremendous amount of fun. Like a playable anime.

Comment

Odd, my new copy arrived Friday too.

I decided I wanted to date the teacher so bought it again after selling it back in October.

Comment

No spoilers pls.

Comment

Forza 7. I've never been a massive fan of the series, and I've not been interested in driving games at all in recent years, but this came free with my new Xbox so I've been giving it some welly.

First of all, after a few tweaks and adjustments to the driver assists and stuff it feels great with a controller. Really involving. Secondly, once the drivatar level is cranked up a bit it makes races satisfyingly challenging.

Only thing I'm not clear on is whether upgrading your car makes it unfairly quick, or does the field automatically stay with you in performance levels?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            It's a JRPG at heart, with turn based battles, dungeon crawling and loot. But what's unique about it is that it's also a lifesim - day by day you work through the calendar, going to school, doing part time jobs, trying to date girls, all sorts of normal high schooler stuff. But then you also enter a demon world via a portal with your best buds, where you battle using magical creatures called Personas, fighting the monster manifestations of real world characters' evil intentions!

Every game in the series is like that. It's a tremendous amount of fun. Like a playable anime.
                            Is it better than 4 Golden? Thats the only one I've played and wow, what an experience it was from end to end. I was actually saddened when the game was over as the character development, art style, town, gameplay, everything was simply perfect. Does 5 improve on it all or would you say 4G was overall better?

Comment

I only got it on Friday, so I'm not really sure yet. It definitely contains improvements on the formula versus 4.

Comment

I'm playing Alpha Protocol and even for Obsidian this game is a janky mess. I'm not surprised it killed their relationship with Sega.

At first I was tying to be stealthy but very quickly gave up and went full on Commando. it just wasn't worth the hassle when the gameplay is so unsatisfying and buggy. Shotguns to the face are much better and make each mission at least somewhat fun. I had to switch to using a controller as well since the mouse/kb controls are glitchy.

Everything they do well in other games is just as good here and I'm enjoying the character interactions as well as their reactions to my choices. I actually wish there was a rewind function just so I could replay each scene without starting over or some kind of cutscene only mode where you skip the gameplay and see how your choices affect the story and each character you interact with.

Comment

Working...
                                X