Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been playing Sonic Colours recently. Cracking game, probably the best Sonic game in recent years. I think it's much better than Sonic Generations - much less hit-and-miss, much more polished and focused title.

A tragic shame that it's a Wii-exclusive. I'm playing it with my Wavebird, so it certainly doesn't need motion controls.

Comment

Need For Speed: Most Wanted and Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time.
      Going for a drive after Need For Speed felt like a horrible experience...

Comment

Just finished Crysis 2 campaign. Really enjoyed it. Jumped into the multiplayer and that's really good too. 5/2 K/D ration on my second match so I've decided to retire because that's the best k/d I've ever had on any FPS I think.

Comment

SSF2 too, level 8 straight perfects. Takes me back that does.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            Ridge Racer 3D. Well I've only been playing it today TBH. I'm currently on GP16, and I'm yet to lose a race. At first I couldn't get on with the 3D, but now it is awesome. It really adds to the sense of speed. It could be my favourite RR game ever. Shame it doesn't have online.
            All 25 at best stuttery frames of it? Wonderful colour though.

Comment

I can't see frames. I've never got into that, to save myself from being a nerd. It runs nice and fast, unlike MK7.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                Just finished Crysis 2 campaign. Really enjoyed it.
                I thought Crysis 2 was excellent. Had so much to offer and the suit was just so much fun. Still haven't played the third yet.

Comment

I also really like the 3rd person camera too. Looks really cool at speed.

Comment

I can't play 3rd person at all. It doesn't feel right. The steering is way different to 1st person. With the 3D at max you have to hold it at a certain distance and dead straight. It's very easy to get a double screen effect. You can see how it's improved with newer titles. I do love RR though. It's probably my favourite series of all times. I'll try and get some StreetPass races to further enjoy it.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

At the highest speed I have to use first person. I'm about 95% through and stopped playing. Well worth the tenner it cost new.

Comment

It seems to not have Devil-Class cars, which is disappointing. Unless a Dual-Class GP opens up later of course. I'm more of a White Angel fan over the 13th Racing, which I honed my skills on. The lack of grip, and superior handling edge it out for me, even though you can't reach its top speed as none of the courses are straight enough. It's the main reason I find RR1 quite difficult now. It takes me a little practice to get sub-59 second times around the original course, as it's more difficult to take the car out of a long drift. Revolution is what I play on PS1 now. You get a rear-view mirror too.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Not really impressed with Batman Arkham Asylum thus far, it's early days but I think I underestimated just how easy the game is on 'normal' difficulty.

Also might be the genre, I just don't feel comfortable playing a 3rd person game; I'm definitely more suited to first person personally. I had the same problem getting to grips with Uncharted and Assassins Creed for example, the novelty wore off fast even though I still have them in the collection I just don't feel like going back to them.

I bought the second rendition of the Batman series 'Arkham City' on the Xbox 360 but i assume thats also a 3rd person game?? Might give the series a miss.
                          Last edited by OfficialSono; 26-08-2013, 06:02.

Comment

Batman 2 is woefully bad IMO. The first game is great, but this is a more drawn-out tedious affair. There was a reason it was ?12 a week after the Wii U launch.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Dragon's Crown and Mario & Luigi Dream Team. I've played Pikmin 3 for a bit but it got postponed after D'sC is fully completed.

Comment

Snake Eater HD - was waiting for it to be available as a standalone download and apparently missed the memo, so I'm very late on this one.

It's my first time with the subsistence camera, something I was always opposed to as I thought the original version was a masterpiece. Ran through it for trophies and I stand by my opinions that the free camera breaks the game. Sonar, motion detector, ap sensor are all completely redundant with a freely positionable camera, also there is no longer any need to use the back press and peek round corners technique to view your surroundings - in short everything that made it such a skill based challenge is gone and you can more or less jog through each area as you now have a supernatural ability to see round corners. I hate it - was very happy to find that a click of R3 puts it back the way it should be.

I got the platinum already but couldn't resist going back to a higher difficulty - it has reaffirmed for me that The End is one of the greatest bosses of all time, in fact one of the greatest experiences in gaming. I thought I had all the tricks but he still gave me a huge epic battle, so much personality and atmosphere in those three areas... MGS4 was great but I am sad it never reached the same heights as Snake Eater.
                                Last edited by Darwock; 26-08-2013, 11:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X