This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
    Diablo 3 on PS3. Absolutely loving every second of it, online and off. Addictive as hell. The variety and imagination of skillsets and enemies is superb, and I'm not even out of the first act yet and still only got a low-level voodoo man to play with.
    Do yourself a favour and just keep replaying that first act. The PC beta was GotY 2012 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      R:Racing Evolution on the GC with the Logitech force wheel.... random. Great game that everyone dismissed due to the grimy PS2 style visuals and the tutorial / story mode that everyone thought was a super short campaign....
      Tried it multiple times and still don't like it. What do you like about it?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        R:Racing Evolution on the GC with the Logitech force wheel.... random. Great game that everyone dismissed due to the grimy PS2 style visuals and the tutorial / story mode that everyone thought was a super short campaign....
        I bought that last year for the Pac Man Vs. bonus disc didn't think much of the main game though. What do you like about it?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          Do yourself a favour and just keep replaying that first act. The PC beta was GotY 2012 for me.
          Are the later acts inferior, DD?

Comment

Kind of. All those glorious combat options were never really viable on higher difficulties, unless you liked things impossible, and by that I mean proper impossible. Like everything Blizzard you were forced to pick the flavour of the month.

It's easy to get sucked in at the start, although I did spend over 60 hours arriving to the above conclusion... so if you can get the same out of it then it's a worthy purchase I suppose. After the hype, and memory of D2, I was expecting much more.

Comment

I didn't hate playing R:Racing Evolution. Can't really say I liked it, too realistic for me - no blue shells to take out the leader with.

Comment

I quite liked it. Obviously it would have been infinitely better if a Deviljho suddenly burst onto the track, but whatevs.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Went back to X-COM this week...only this time, on the 360. Picked up a brand new version from Hong Kong for peanuts.

It really is a great game. Stupid you have to use a code to get the armour customization though. It's one of the big things inthe game for me...and in future retro years, I won't be able to use it.

Comment

The walking dead on vita, which I'm getting really in to and I'm about half way through episode two. I see it more as an interactive story than a game really, but enjoyable none the less.

Comment

Monster Hunter (3U)
                      Shin Megami Tensei IV
                      Diablo III

All excellent games.

Comment

Toki Tori 2+(WiiU)

Superb little puzzler......and cheap at the moment.

Comment

I'm playing Kickbeat on Vita. It's a bat**** crazy rhythm action x Kung fu game with bad 90's nu-metal in it. It's ace only ?7.29 too

Comment

Going through The Orange Box on the 360. Reading about it in The Edge top 20 has rekindled my interest.

Comment

Lumines Electronic Symphony on the Vita.

The Art of Noise and Mozart skins are utter genius... I'm actually surprised at the quantity and quality of licensed music in this version, and happily all the tracks have been properly adapted to the game (unlike in Lumines 2 which just felt like you were moving blocks over a non-interactive FMV video half the time).

After my initial impressions I unfortunately discovered the avatar abilities and also that you can tap to recharge them, which totally unbalances the voyage mode of the game. It wouldn't be a problem except they have included online leaderboards, and at the same time rendered them useless as all the top scores have been set by exploiting the avatars. I set my score the old fashioned way, but it doesn't feel like I can fairly compare on the leaderboard now.

The friend list filter could be the answer to getting real competition but despite lots of people on my list owning the game, barely any of them have set scores. Usual story I guess, most folk will have played it once and shelved it.

Also I think I came to the game too late to reap the rewards of the world block thingy - it would have been a big help in getting all the items unlocked for the trophy but it seems there are nowhere near enough people playing anymore - it has failed both days by a big margin.

Comment

Forcing myself through Mario and Luigi Dream Team and Conception II. Both drag along way too much; M&L with multiple "collect X pieces to complete Y" and Conception II...four dungeouns in and four enemy types, one of them being a recolour. Ugh. If you want to do a dungeon crawler, at least make dungeons and monster interesting.
                                I should really play Pikimin 3...but any amount of time that I could spend on that goes toward Vita Great Escape (Vita as the character from Magical Lyrical Nanoha), a doujin action platformer for the PC (NSFW).
                                Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 15-09-2013, 15:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X