Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulletstorm is a blast. Absolutely love the OTT nature of it.
    I remember at the time of release people were generally writing it off as it was too easy, mainly as they were playing it as a simple FPS and not taking advantage of all the crazy skillshots you could do in it.

Currently playing Puzzles & Dragons Z, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and Mario Kart 8 on 200cc.

Comment

First chapter or so of Rain. Cute but creepy so far

Comment

Had a sort out of stuff that needs finishing so been playing and finished both Yoshi's new Island on 3DS and Knack on PS4. Knack wasn't actually that bad despite bad reviews.

Also playing Kirby and the Rainbow Curse which is quite unique and looks stunningly colourful, it also has a nice co-op mode to help single player where P2 has traditional 2D platform controls, my boy loves being the 2nd player and it's no hindrance to me.

Been playing F1 2014 on Xbox 360 as well as I'm disappointed by Project Cars.

Comment

Forza (the original). Fujima hillclimb levels. Yes.

Also tried the 360 demo of MXGP - total balls. Where's the fun? I turned off assists and stuff which was slightly better. Looked good though.

Bit of BF4.... oops.

Trials Fusion - not really feeling it. Played HD and was immediately feeling it.

Dark Souls (free) - Not enjoying this at all. I felt like it should be right up my street, but dodgy controls, non-sense plot and unsatisfying combat.... gave up after a while due to boredom. Not played the original. Sorry.

Tomb Raider (new version on 360 that was free) - Incredibly atmospheric and impressive and then..... QTE. Sigh.

Will hit up Raiden Fighters Aces later just to remind myself what decent games are like.

Comment

QTEs... shudder...

I've been playing mostly Mario Kart 8 (wonderful) and Zelda WW (looks pretty). But I have also been very slowly making my way through Duke Nukem on Vita. It was only €3, is generally a great port (some flickery sprites every now and again) and is taking me back to why this game was so good back in the day. So many of the levels are wonderfully designed.

Comment

Played some of my recent cheap VITA purchases. Also been

Comment

Also hit the Vita today, getting in some time on Freedom Wars, which is growing on me.

Comment

Got the bat power in Symphony of the Night last night and started clearing out all the previously inaccessible areas in the castle. Great, amazing game but I missed the minotaur and werewolf boss and spent ages trying to find out where to go.

Comment

Started XB360 Portal 2 last night.

As I hoped, after doing Portal about a year ago, wonderful stuff. Excellent puzzle construction and a beautifully judged learning curve which after whipping through the early tests is just starting to make me have to think. I imagine it would work perfectly to bring those who might not have played the original up to speed too.

Even better the sublimely witty script writing and delivery of the first game have also been continued. Benchmark games for their console generation and should be amongst anyone's list of the top 100 games of all time.

Comment

EDF2 on Vita and EDF4 on PS3 - just hit 400hrs!

Comment

Brothers on PS3. Such a beautiful game. You don't really do much but it's just nice to relax with. I don't know now big it is or how far I am, though.

Comment

Finally took the plunge and bought Bloodborne yesterday. I've been put off by the difficulty comments, and haven't played a Dark Souls game before, but have been hooked by it. I couldn't get past the mob at the fire on the first level - must have died 20 times at least on it. I spent a decent amount of time reading up about the game last night, as I was so intrigued - the first play thread on here is really useful and interesting - and now can't wait to get back into it later today.

Comment

More Goat Simulator. Just got abducted by aliens lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                              EDF4 on PS3 - just hit 400hrs!
                              I had to stop playing. It was getting too much! 359 hours!

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              More Goat Simulator. Just got abducted by aliens lol....
                              This sounds like one of those games that is really disposable, but you get so much fun out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                I think Drake's deception is by far the best. The production values and sheer detail of the world completely blows my mind
                                I'm with you there. The ship section in 3D was a jaw dropping moment for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X