This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently I've been playing:

Titanfall (PC) - Had the game since launch and love it but I do tend to get bored of it quite quickly. Keep returning to it though so that's got to be a good sign. Still Gen 1, around lvl 28.

Tomb Raider: DE (PS4) - Replayed this with my girlfriend as we had both played though it separately when the PS3 version released. Enjoyed it more this time (getting it for ?3.50 might have contributed) and it was good fun completing the optional tombs etc. Looking forward to playing the new one at some point further down the line.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4) - Not sure what I make of this so far, I love the previous Arkham games but the emphasis on using the batmobile and the large amount of tank combat is irritating me. Only 20% into the game though so will stick it out until the end as the bits without the batmobile are great.

Comment

Just started XB360 Prince of Persia (Ubisoft).

Really good looking game but the platforming mechanics are little more than chained QTEs which dumb down the gameplay to a level that quickly becomes tediously repetitive. Ironically in making the game easy anyone used to more conventional platformer control systems, as I am, can end up making just as many mistakes simply because they've lost concentration.

The combat arenas and combat system I'm really beginning to dislike - they hobble the prince so he moves like a donkey wading through mud and the contests rely entirely on blocking and then counter-attacking with the 'right' combo. The enemy AI cheats, regularly blocking your best moves then, suddenly, allows a technique that wasn't working before and the fight ends in a one hit kill. Maybe I'm just not getting it but there is so little joy to be had in winning that isn't bothering me in the least and I just want to avoid the fights where possible.

The camera is also notably annoying often just not moving fast enough to re-orientate or being deliberately unhelpful to make things more difficult.

Script-wise it is excruciating at times; voiced by American actors who aren't bad but with their accents and the 'jokey' contemporary dialogue all that beautiful art design is bought crashing down. This is supposed to be a Middle-Eastern fantasy not a wise-cracking US comedy.
      Last edited by fallenangle; 11-12-2015, 12:12.

Comment

Been playing The Division and while I can't say too much , this game holds so much promise

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          Been playing The Division and while I can't say too much , this game holds so much promise
          its released??

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            its released??
            No just playing the Alpha download

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              No just playing the Alpha download
              open to all?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                open to all?
                sadly not . Just say that why the title needs work , it holds so much promise and potential to be something amazing

Comment

Played through Tales from the Borderlands.

Didn't really plan on picking it up but episode one being free helped. Picked it up in the blackfriday sale soon after and loved every moment. Really enjoyable cast and script, very rare of a game to actually make me laugh out loud.

Now I think I'm going to go buy The Handsome Collection.

Comment

Soma on my PS4, not sure what to make of it as I`m only an hour in. Frame rate seems a bit poop at times

Comment

"This week I will be mostly playin'"

-Akiba's Strip: Undead and Undressed
                      -Rainbow Six: Siege
                      -Diddy Kong's Racing

Comment

Super Mario 3D World - Trying to get the last few stamps by finishing the game again with other characters.

Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour - Love it when you rediscover an old game, still a classic. =)

Comment

Rainbow 6 Siege
                          Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain
                          Dark Souls
                          Dark Souls 2

Comment

Finished off The Walking Dead Season 1 on Xbox one. Yes, I had a little weep again at certain parts. Now playing that free Van Helsing game, which is not a terrible diablo clone.

Oh yeah, had a crack at the Doom Alpha. Very quakey.

Comment

This week any gaming time will likely go towards:

-Project Gotham Racing 4
                              -Star Citizen
                              -The Ball
                              -Alan Wake

Comment

After not touching my Wii U for most of the year, prompted by the DLC I've grabbed Ryu and Cloud and got stuck into Super Smash Bros, never played any of version of the game, what a laugh it is

Comment

Working...
                                X