Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But that's an LG TV and Monitor Audio speakers. If it were your lounge it would all be Sony I assume.

Why you would want Sony speakers is beyond me though and I'm sure you don't have Sony speakers.

Comment

Jaja! You got me. I've got Tannoy speakers, and a Yamaha RX-A3030 amp. My TV is Sony though.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post

Lol I am indeed, a Toshiba HD-EP30.
        It's my DVD player as well & is perfect, I'm actually tempted to get another as a back because I don't know what I'll do when if it should die on me

Neil
        I have the same player beaut as a multi-region upscaler, and of course ?1 HDDVD's.

Comment

Like the setup, Colin!

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            I bought another EP-35 after getting graphical corruption with my original player. Then had the same problem again. Turns out it was the HDMI cable.
            I have too many HD-DVDs to replace with the Blu versions. And the Toshiba player does a great job at scaling DVDs.
            Lol typical.
            I have decided I will be picking another up just as backup, might even look at an EP35 & use that & box up the 30 as the spare

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
            I have the same player beaut as a multi-region upscaler, and of course ?1 HDDVD's.
            Mine is Multi Region as well, first thing I did as soon as it turned up was update the firmware, although now I have my Region A BD player as well it's MR function has become a tad redundant but it is still my go to player for everything tbh, I love it, best money I ever spent on a player.

Definitely couldn't quibble when the format was dying & the bargains were to be had, I have updated a few to BD but most of my HD-DVD's are perfectly fine so no need to replace at all.

Neil

Comment

I am big into HDDVD at the moment - i picked up a sealed ep35 of mate for ?25 and have an ep30 in reserve. Both are upgraded to the latest FW. Nicer remote with the 35 and proper bitstream encoding too. Been picking up loads of cheap discs and getting some rather nice imports too. love some of the music concerts hddvds, such as motorhead, santana and pat metheny. They look and sound great. Almost picked up an xe1 for ?150!

Comment

How many HDDVDs are there in the world? I assumed it was more or less redundant, now! What's the quality of the transfers like? I imagine they churned some of the older films out...

Comment

I remember DVD Mike getting upset on here with the various versions not being comparable. Check out the differences between the HDDVD and Blu-Ray versions of The Thing:

I probably couldn't tell the difference, mind you...

Comment

There's something like 500 individual titles released worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      There's something like 500 individual titles released worldwide.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1135903/co...lusives-in-red
                      I think it was closer to 900

Comment

My mistake I was taking the exclusives as meaning to that region, I see it says another 200 odd unique imports, amazing really.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                          I am big into HDDVD at the moment - i picked up a sealed ep35 of mate for ?25 and have an ep30 in reserve. Both are upgraded to the latest FW. Nicer remote with the 35 and proper bitstream encoding too. Been picking up loads of cheap discs and getting some rather nice imports too. love some of the music concerts hddvds, such as motorhead, santana and pat metheny. They look and sound great. Almost picked up an xe1 for ?150!
                          Bargain for that EP35, wish I could get one that cheap now.
                          You can get some awesome bargains still on the format & there is precious little difference half the time between the BD & HD-DVD (at least to my eye)

Comment

I love the French import of Enemy at the gates (Stalingrad) - its an open matte print with a DTS-HD audio track; much nicer than the bluray.

Took me a while to track down a working version i could play though ( due to early problems with the first print)

Comment

I love Enemy at the Gates, one of my best war films ever.

Might have to track down that French release.

Neil

Comment

Enemy at the Gates is class. HD-DVD is almost on par with Laserdisc now isn't it? Hah.

Comment

Working...
                                X